To compensate, I told Chloe we could invite Kayleigh over this week for a little Valentine's Day lunch and they could trade treats. She talked about wanting a few other church friends to come but then I started to feel stressed and think that if lots of kids came, I would have to make it into a full blown party with games and crafts. There was no room for any of that to happen this week so we decided to just have a small lunch with Kayleigh and Kennon.
I did want it to feel a little bit holiday-ish so I made more doll sized treats from our American Girl Tiny Treats book. The girls ate about 2 bites and Kennon and I ate chicken salad on croissants, so most of the little goodies didn't even get touched. I didn't care because I had a lot of fun making it all and when Alex gets home from school he will be more than happy to partake of the leftovers.
Doll-sized watermelon slices...AKA watermelon jello and mini chocolate chips in a hollowed out lime. PBJ roll ups. And my favorite...dolly soda chillin' on ice.
Okay these subs look big in the picture but they are on a breadstick and are actually quite small. The pizzas are also small and I used the mini pepperonis that they make for salads.
7 comments:
it's super awesome to have a BFF!
I just typed BFG... silly. Anyhow, cute and girly and so fun. I'm happy for Alex to get to dive in later.
That's awesome! I love that you did that. I need to do that for Brooklynne because she needs a little BFF! :)
I think its awesome Chloe has a mother who knows how important it is to celebrate! Love the mini foods! What fun ideas.
All your little doll food is so cute!
I'd say by the looks of it you prepared plenty of food for a group of girls, but I don't blame you for not wanting that stress. It looks like the little ladies had a lot of fun with yummy treats.
So fun! I love how much you want to make every moment with your kids so special. You're such a good mom!
I love all your little treats. I think I need to get that book!!! The girls look adorable.
Post a Comment