But for now, let's get back to more Easter cuteness, shall we?
Today I was hosting playgroup again. I was so excited that I got Easter week.
We started out by making these cute bunny cups.
Sara's pink whiskered bunny

Gabe's green whiskered bunny

Alex's orange whiskered bunny

Abi's bunny had to have yellow hair like Abi and she is trying to escape under the table to avoid being photographed. Are you laughing Cheryl?

Unfortunately John did not feel his bunny was picture ready when I had the camera and I forgot to get a picture when he was done primping her for her close up.
Then we moved on to Easter eggs. I decided to do watercolor eggs to change things up a bit but it was a disaster. They were supposed to dip a damp sponge into the watercolors and then dab color onto the eggs. These eggs usually look really cool and you can just keep layering the colors. Apparently 3 and 4 year old kids don't understand that damp is not a synonym for soaking wet. They were wetting the sponge so much that the paint was just rolling off the egg and the table was drenched. In order to save my kitchen from a flood, I had them paint the eggs with corn syrup mixed with food coloring.
Gabe and Alex painted one egg to humor me, Abi said she was done because the paint did not work, and John and Sara sat laboring at the table until we had beautiful super shiny eggs. But they were way too sticky to hide. Oh well!
John and Sara hard at work

The fruits of their labor

After eggs we had lunch which was accompanied by the usual fight over who gets which bowl.
And then we made these fun Easter baskets from Rice Krispie treats. After playgroup I actually pulled the handle out of Alex's and I thought it looked cuter as a nest than a basket.

Sara

John

Abi, who still looked a bit nervous but was at least not attempting to flee.

Gabe

Alex

The bunny cups all stuffed with goodies and ready to go home

Thanks for playing everyone. The kids were so wired but I had a blast!
11 comments:
Cute stuff AGAIN! You are the queen of craftiness and cute activities for kids- fun fun fun.
Im really hungry right now so those birdie nests are looking REALLY good right now and I want to just grab one of those cups of treats for myself! :) YUM! I wont scroll down to take another look at that pizza or the DELISH looking eggs... I cant torture myself!!!! ;)
Julie, What a fun day for all! Love your creativity! And know that our prayers are with you and Seth as you await news on your job. We learned the happy way, though, that being laid off is not always bad. Dan ended up in a much better position after he was laid off. For him it was like the Lord had to kick him into moving on like he needed to! Now he's managing a Hampton Inn in Branson. We're helping him move his things this weekend, though he's been out there for a couple of months now.
I am so glad you had pictures of everything! Abi was so proud of her cup and nest when she got home.
I don't know why she has to have everything yellow to match her yellow hair! It's getting a little darker too so I'm wondering what she'll do if it's ever not 'yellow' anymore.
Thanks for doing such fun things with them.. and yes I was laughing.
I also laughed at the 'kids were so wired' comment because when Abi got home I asked if she had fun.
She said, "Yes! But the kids were so crazy!"
Love the pictures! I nominate you to do all holiday parties! You do have the best ideas and Gabe couldn't stop talking about all of the Easter Bunny stuff. Thanks for all you do!
How cute!! I really loved the comment about who get what bowl. We have that same issue at my mom's house where her bowls are different colors. Sometimes I just want to throw the bowls at them...I bet the kids had so much fun.
Super cute ideas. The little girl who doesn't want her pic taken reminds me of you. I was going to have Luke paint eggs, but just use his regular paints. Would that work, or do I have to use the sticky stuff?
Val,
Tempera paint, or watercolors?
Tempera paint would stick but take forever to dry, I think. I would have used that but I have a million colors and when I get them out the kids make me open every single bottle.
Watercolors work...just don't let him drench the sponge, or just have him use the brush instead of a sponge.
I think I will just go back to the Paaz kit for Sunday.
cute kids and cute ideas!
Those little paints that he uses. I told you about them, in the row of plastic holders. It is probably tempura.
Julie I totally left you a comment today but now it is gone. I can't remember what all I said but I did say not to worry. You have been nothing but supportive Andy and I have discussed the whole finding your real friends things. We count you as one of them. I am still kicking myself for not getting to know you better while I was there. I really missed out.
Also, the love and the prayers are going both ways. Thank you so much for your support. We are thinking about you guys as well.
I forgot I never commented on this, and I totally agree with Emily--you are the queen of holiday parties!! And Margie, the baskets were very tasty--I "shared" a little. Thanks so much--the kids had a great time.
Post a Comment