SEASONS!!!
I love the seasons (3 of them anyway)!!! On Friday it hit 80 degrees here. I would not have even noticed in California but here it was like Heaven. On the news it said it had not hit 80 for 7 1/2 months.
Of course it was just a teaser and it was cold and rainy all weekend. We were trapped inside again but this time something fabulous happened during our imprisonment. Signs of life appeared on the trees. Oh happy day!
This morning I was driving Alex to school and I kept seeing gorgeous lavender trees. We dropped him off and then I drove around looking for more of them for 30 minutes. Aren't they pretty?

I also noticed green on lots of other trees when I looked closely and it reminded me that pretty soon it will be crazy green around here.
I love the Spring! In the Winter when everything is bleak and ugly, I sometimes wonder what the heck I am doing in Wisconsin. But beauty is even more beautiful in a place where you wait for it and anticipate it and finally against all odds, welcome it back.
Look, there is even something beautiful starting to happen in my own backyard.

By the way, does anyone know what that pretty lavender tree is called? I think I need one.
8 comments:
Remember I was so confused that everything was so ugly this trip, not realizing that scenery actually changes in other parts of the country! Those trees are rad, Dave will know what they are.
I too am basking in the joy of signs of Spring. The trees are getting these little buds on them that are making me giddy. I can't believe how green everything is. Although everyone keeps telling me it's not green, just wait. For me, from Utah it's GORGEOUS GREEN! Loving the colors.
is it a cherry blossom tree? they have festivals in DC every spring and they are named after that tree I think.
Dave thinks it is a dogwood tree, but isn't sure.
I think it is a flowering crabapple or a flowering cherry. Or it could be a flowering plum? Is that helpful? Differnt varietys are differnt colors...just check the tag. We had a couple flowering plums at our last house that were the same color.
YAY for warm-ER weather! That is something to be excited about :) I love those trees and yes, that is DEF one thing I miss about wiscons...#1-FRIENDS from WI and #2-the seasons!
Remember when Kelly wanted a lavender tree for her b-day? The tree she wanted was down the street and it was called a Jacaranda but they are messy so we planted that little Crepe Myrtle tree instead. It was the same size as her but now it is a lot bigger. I think she was 7, seems like yesterday. The tree in the photo could be a Jacaranda but I bet it is a Lavender tree (according to Internet) It is beautiful. Spring in CA is pretty too, just different.
Julie that first picture is of a magnolia tree, and they are very pretty.
Post a Comment