CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 6, 2009

If you can't sleep...blog

Alright I foolishly took a nap this afternoon and now I am wide awake at 2AM. I knew I shouldn't have napped but I really wanted to sleep in this morning since for once we didn't have 8:30 church thanks to General Conference, or church on TV, as my kids call it. But Seth woke up with allergies bugging him so he got to sleep in and I napped in the afternoon just because I felt it was MY TURN.

Now my tantrum has rewarded me with insomnia. Yay!

I think I may have worsened my current condition by eating a huge brownie sundae. I am blaming Cheryl and Emily for that because they brought me brownies. And Jen, because she reminded me how much fun Magic Shell is.

So, I have been laying in bed for a few hours just thinking about my church calling. I was brainstorming ideas for our next big activity in May and thinking about what else I could be doing better in Primary. Now I am not only wide awake but I have butterflies in my stomach thinking of all the fun things I want to do and also all the things I am stressed about. Don't my daydreams sound awesome???? I know you are all jealous of me now.

I don't have much to blog about tonight but I am sick of thinking now so I will bug all of you instead. I will say that I wish we had "church on TV" once a month. Since I had nothing to prepare for church I got to relax a lot (too much apparently) and clean the house, and just let my brain take a break. I love church and I love being with the Primary kids, but I stress out every Sunday. It was refreshing to just sit back and be taught.

Alright, so I really have nothing to blog about so I guess I will return to thinking. I think I will move on from thinking about church though and start thinking about fun Easter activities for playgroup on Wednesday, or maybe I will plan tomorrow night's Family Home Evening because I am pretty sure I will be too tired to plan it tomorrow. Again, I know you are jealous of my fascinating and glamorous inner thoughts.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have so been there. It's so crazy when you can't sleep and your mind just wanders like crazy.
I agree with the church from home once a month. Let's start a petition!!

The Kindle Family said...

Very jealous!! You think about things that matter :)!

Katelin said...

It rarely happens that I can't sleep, but it can be productive time, even though it is so frustrating! I'm excited to see what fun things you came up with!

LeShel said...

gotta love those early morning attacks of insomnia. Too bad we can't all just get together and hang out. Too risky to call each other though, someone might actually be asleep.

Team Ryan said...

I napped a lot too yesterday. Sad thing was... it was during most of the 2nd session. Thank goodness for the internet to watch re runs AND the Ensign! Well, I hope you got to bed finally and got some rest! I couldnt believe this morn when I woke up and your comment was at 12:45-ish... I was like, "What was Julie doing uP?!?!??!" Now i know ;)

Anonymous said...

My brain never shuts up at night either. That is why we made good roommates. Two insomniacs, one with involuntary late night potty mouth.