
The other day when we went grocery shopping I decided I wanted the save the earth green bags, but I must admit it was for totally selfish reasons.
I am not an Earth hater and I am not intentionally trying to destroy the Earth, but the whole "Go Green" thing hasn't really happened for me yet.
The green cleaning supplies are lousy. I think they just put water in a bottle with maybe an eye dropper full of bleach. You spray them on the counter and the water just balls up into little droplets and then streaks around. It doesn't clean anything.
And I like plastic grocery bags because I use them to dispose of stinky diapers.
But at my favorite grocery store they use paper bags and I was so sick of those paper bags. I can only carry in one at a time since they don't have handles. I have had the bottom fall out of one more than once and send groceries cascading down my driveway. Then after I unload my paper bags I have them all over my kitchen and I am chasing them around trying to stamp them down so that I can carry them out to the recycle bin. It is all too annoying!
So when I noticed that the green bags had handles, I knew we needed some.
They are just lovely. You can load them up on your arms and get your stuff in with fewer trips, which means no freezing to death. And then they fold up nice and neat for the next use.

Alyssa also took a liking to them and asked if she could have a few to play grocery store. She used her tooth fairy money to buy a little shopping cart and the kids have been playing grocery store all day.
So, go green...it will make your life easier and your kids play time more fun.
(look at the treadmill being useful again)









Of course since Alyssa got a new toy Alex wanted one. My sister told me that I should have told him Alyssa bought that herself but I just couldn't leave him out, so I bought him a doctor kit. Another toy I should have purchased long ago.





The kids have not even asked to turn the TV on once today (and it is now 4:43 PM). Beautiful!
4 comments:
I m so with you...I hate those paper bags! I just might follow you on this one and go green as well!
I want those bags sooo bad. I know this sounds sooo cheap, but I never want to spend the 8 or 10 bucks initially to get the bags. But I want them. Trader Joes makes SUPER cute ones and I want those ones... either way... very cool Julie! Glad you like them!!! I love the pictures of the kids playing. Too cute the doctor and shop pix :)
good old doctor kit eh? I really should have been supervised with that.
Fine. I agree that Al should get a toy too! He is so rad that I could never turn him down anyway. The kids did a good job cleaning up the playroom!Those bags make me want to go to Woodmans...3 more days!!!!!
Post a Comment