CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Post 436 and Still Going...and Going...and Going...

The kids are now officially on Spring Break! Yippee! They have all next week off. So...the challenge may get shelved for a few days, if we do anything else that is interesting enough to share. Or...we may be bored silly with our chilly Spring Break (who scheduled Spring Break for Winter?) and I may have time to post twice a day. We'll see. When I asked the kids what they wanted to do for Spring Break they suggested just going to the gym to swim and play at the Kids Court. Swimming I can handle, but if they go to the Kids Court what will I do? I'm still too chicken to go work out. The only other Spring Break request was from Alyssa. She said she needed to get to the Library right away. Since it was apparently urgent, we went after school yesterday and she immediately tracked down the Librarian and wanted help finding lots of books on Japan and tsunamis. She sat and studied about tsunamis until we forced her to go to bed at 10:30 last night. She was reading boring text books even, and today she is reading them to Alex. She is so much more plugged in to her world than I was at her age, or than I am now for that matter. So if all else fails, we will do lots of swimming and reading next week.

Day Twelve will only take me two seconds to answer though, so I might as well get it out of the way.

Day Twelve- How you found out about Blogger and why you have one

I already answered this question on my 100th post which you can read by clicking HERE. You may have already read it, but you may want to click anyway just to see that cute video of Chloe again. It makes me laugh every time.

Two years and 336 posts later, my answer is still basically the same. Last night on the news there was a story about people giving up social media for Lent. They were mostly talking about Facebook and how it takes too much of their time and they wanted to focus on fostering relationships with people in person again. Now I don't do Facebook, nor do I typically participate in Lent (although I think it is a good exercise in sacrifice and self mastery) but I thought for a moment about walking away from the blog for 6 weeks. Just to free up some time, AND to determine whether or not blogging adds value to my life, BUT...without walking away I can already tell you that it does. I love revisiting old posts and reliving those old memories. I am also pretty attached to my fellow bloggers. So no Julie-free Spring Break for you, I am sticking around.


I think I'll go back to the playlist from my music post for a minute though. I was enjoying it. Just mute it if you disagree. I'll delete it eventually.

11 comments:

Emily said...

Holy Crap! I started before you and I only have 156! Wow...

I love that you blog. I love being able to be connected to my family in a way that wasn't possible even a couple of years ago, so thank you!

Tony and Ann said...

Keep on blogging! I am sometimes so lonely for those kids that I have to re-read and re-look, just to remind myself that you guys really do exist! I love seeing the pictures and hearing about your lives. I love sharing your life and thoughts and testimony. You strengthen and uplift me, make me laugh, make me so glad you are my son's wife and my grandkids' mom. Don't give it up for Lent or anything.

Cheryl said...

I love reading your blog so much. It's one of my favorites! So I am so glad you continue.
By the way I played around with your playlist too. It was fun to listen to.
Did you know that Neon Trees are from provo?

Anonymous said...

Gotta keep blogging...it keeps us all more connected to you guys!

Alyssa has a lot of compassion and I bet her heart is breaking for all the people in Japan. I hope she doesn't worry herself too much though. Kristen and I were just talking about how sudden tragedies like that can make you feel so vulnerable. It also makes you feel kinda guilty being all safe and comfortable while others are suffering like that.

Katie and Mark said...

I love the Blog World. I hardly knew it existed before I started. I don't post as often as I want to, but I LOVE the way I feel so connected to my family-even those in another state. :) I am glad you blog, and glad I get to "know" your family.

Alyssa sounds like Kaden. He is my bookworm, and he went to his previously purchased Weather book to re-read about Tsunami's.

Unknown said...

A friend said that blogging is her morning newspaper or afternoon gossip. I love blogging and find it so helpful to go back and remember little things like Chole:)

Julie L said...

I guess I wasn't into blogging yet when you posted your 100th post with that hilarious video. Thanks for sharing it again. I am very impressed by Alyssa's determination to learn all about what's going on in Japan. I hope she never loses that love of learning!

I love your blog, Julie. I know it takes time, but there are definitely benefits that come from your posts that people don't get from Facebook. That's like comparing a comic book to a classic. Not that there isn't a place for the comics, but blogging I think touches lives in a whole different way.

It's a King Thing...You Wouldn't Understand said...

Alyssa reminds me of Michael and I only hope that our children have that same interest in our world and in learning about it on their own. It's one of the things I love and admire about him. I wish I had that same interest. :)

Your spring break sounds like fun, but I agree that it shouldn't be cold when you get the break!

I also love that video of Chloe. So cute! I'm glad you blog because if you hadn't started it I never would have blogged and I know how much our families enjoy it.

Seth and Julie said...

Cheryl, I had no idea that Neon Trees were from Provo, but I have done my homework now and also learned about their connection to The Killers, and that they are LDS. Isn't that the first question any interviewer poses to anyone from Utah?

Cheryl said...

Good sleuthing! Yeah, and usually the answer is I was raised mormon but that they aren't anymore. I read an article interiewing Brandon Flowers from the Killers once and when they asked him "Didn't you used to be Mormon?" He said " I still am." I think it surprised them.

Leslie said...

I loved the video of Chloe as a baby. That was so funny.
I hadn't seen it before. She was so cute.
Have you seen the laughing baby on Youtube?
It was on The Today show a few weeks ago of a baby who couldn't stop laughing every time his father tore and envelope. It was pretty funny, and so surprising babies can laugh so hard.

I loved reading about Alyssa delving deeply into tsunami's and Japan to learn about what has happened. Wasn't that frightening and sad to know that that was happening on the other side of the world?

Also, I love blog land and thought one of your friend's comments summed it up perfectly. It's like the morning newspaper.