CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

JAJ Installment 5: Brittney

I am finally back to my Q&A session. If you want to read Leslie's answers to her questions from way back before Christmas, click here.

Brittney asked: I already asked this once but I'll ask again. Will you please post a current picture of your step dad? All I got to see what the really dated one. I want to see a new one since you said he still rocks the mullet.

You'd think this would have been the easiest question in the lot, but after much searching for recent pictures I have concluded that Glenn is the only person in the family photographed less often than myself.

Here is the most recent picture I have, but he looks all combed and dressed for his night out at Rain. That is about as dressed up as you will ever see him. Even at church he can be found in a Hawaiian shirt.



Photobucket


And here are the next most recent pictures I could find which were taken in my hospital room when Alex was born. I will include them since it gives you a side view of the mullet (still a little more combed than usual) and because he has scruff on his face, which he usually does. Plus he is wearing his standard short shorts and t-shirt, even with snow outside. Can you tell he is a PE teacher? In these pictures he was in charge of keeping Alyssa away from the baby. Alyssa kept asking if she could hold Alex and if we said no she would answer with, "Okay, then I'll kick him". Such a sweet big sis. She was sent to Glenn who entertained her with the lid from the giant cookie platter that I requested post delivery.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Alright Brittney, your turn.

Julie asked: I am so curious about you and Andy, because I am nosy like that. If I remember correctly, you guys were engaged, with the temple reserved, before the dinner even made it to the table on your first date. I am curious to know who was brave enough to bring up marriage and love so early on? And how did it all play out from there? How did your friends and family react? I had a relatively long Mormon courtship (sure, two years of it was spent on missions, but still it was longer than average) so I am just fascinated by all my friends who were married before they had even known their spouse for a year, and you my friend, take the cake for being the fastest to the altar. Not making fun, at all. I think you and Andy are great. Obviously you knew what you were doing because it is working. Like I said, I am just being nosy.

Julie asked: And since you requested a picture that I had to scale Mt. Everest to obtain, can I please see a picture of your wedding day?

Up Next: Emily

Oh...and if any of you haven't read Team Ryan today, you need to. I know lots of you ask me how Ryan is all the time and some of you follow along on their blog, but even if you have never read Team Ryan before, today is the day. You won't be sorry. I have had goosebumps for 12 hours straight now. Just click on his smiling face over there on my sidebar.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I don't know when you posted this, but it's not showing up in my blog reader yet. I was just stopping in to comment on your last post that I finally got a chance to read.

Ha! This is great to learn more about Glenn since we've heard so many funny stories about him. Good to put a face with the stories.

Susie said...

Pictures don't do Glenn justice, you have to know him but you can still tell it's a 1978 hair style. For kicks I'll see if I can send you his senior pic (Prince Valient). No more Hawaiian shirts since he is now the Exec Sec'y in the ward he has to wear a white shirt, tie and a coat, oh and shave regularly. We hardly know him (until he opens his mouth).

Brittney said...

ohh, what a fun question, I got teary just reading it, I was reliving the whirlwind.

Ok, so the first picture I was thinking whatever, that isnt' a mullet. Then the second and third killed me. I LOVE it. I kind of want to meet him, even though it would be really weird so I am so shy and I probably wouldn't talk to him.

Seth and Julie said...

Jen, I don't know what is up with my blog not updating. I am losing all my readers, but don't worry, I am just as happy to sit here and talk to myself.

Brittney, believe me I am not happy with the pics because they just don't do the mullet justice. It is usually sticking out all over the place, having been uncombed for 5 days. It is really something to behold in person. Sorry I kept you waiting so long. I was trying to find a better picture but it seems that Glenn is not really the "say cheese" type. And don't worry, if you met, he wouldn't talk to you either. He only talks to about 17 people in the whole world.

Can't wait to hear your answer!