CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Condensed

Happy New Year!

I am still running to catch my breath after the holidays, and stressing out because I have 37,000 other things all trying to crowd on to my plate right now. Should I simplify and bag the blog in 2010? Nah, of course not! I should just sleep even less, I guess.

So, here is the super condensed version of Christmas, because I still have lots of other stuff to post to get me all caught up, and Christmas feels like ancient history already.

Here are the gifts that Santa took credit for all laid out and ready to go. Thanks Santa for stealing my thunder. I got credit for a Snuggie, a sweater and some jammies. Yipee!

A keyboard, so that Alyssa can start her "garage band".


Photobucket

Lots of Transformers

Photobucket

And my favorite, Chloe's bookcase full of books. Do you know how exciting it is to me to have a child who asks for books instead of toys? I love it!

Photobucket

Alyssa was the first one up on Christmas morning, unless you count me, Seth, and Chloe, who were up all night playing the sick game. Alyssa was the first one up, who actually slept the night before Christmas. We woke up Alex and he was so disoriented that he asked me if we were going to church.

He came to life when he saw the magic that had happened as he slumbered. I actually missed this cute face. I was sick and the bathroom requested my presence. Miss Chloe came with me since she was feeling sick and clingy. We both missed the Christmas morning reveal.

Photobucket

Let me assure you that there were lots and lots of presents. Remember that my kids have 4 sets of grandparents and are oh so spoiled! We shall skip the 85 pictures documenting each gift, and just skip to how the kids spent the rest of the day.

They stayed in jammies all day, of course.

Alyssa wore her Snuggie (kids sized this time) and her new neck pillow, and her new cup, and carried her doll around, making sure to complete every single suggestion in the Fun With Your Doll book. She even found some time to practice her keyboard and rocked out on her new Barbie karaoke machine.

Photobucket

Alex spent lots of time playing Transformers, so many Transformers. He also wanted the Spongebob lego pineapple but it was back ordered until March, so Grandma Ann found these fun Trio building sets and they turned out to be a hit as well. He was bummed out that his RC car had to charge for a whole day, but it was a treat to have something new to play with the next day.

Photobucket

Chloe sat and read The Night Before Christmas all day long. She also spent a little time in her new kitchen, and tried to steal Alyssa's doll every time she saw an opportunity.

Photobucket

And that about sums it up. We had the obligatory Mormon ham and funeral potatoes for dinner. We ate lots of candy from our stockings and we had a good time just being lazy and enjoying all the love that was sent our way this season. Thanks Grandmas and Grandpas! I wish at least one of you had been here to see the kids' faces.

9 comments:

LeShel said...

I love Alex's face! I remember waking Nic up one year and he was totally disoriented. I then announced it was Christmas morning and he freaked out! It was such a blast.
Looks like a great Christmas!

Sorry it's going to be such a crazy 2010. I'd really hate you to lose more sleep. I'd also hate you stop blogging. Such a conundrum.

Julie L said...

Great synopsis post. Hope you and Chloe are both past the yuck and the rest managed to avoid it. Looks like a great day. Were you able to fit in the Christmas morning nativity after they slept with their candles all night? Or did all the illness destroy that? I still think that was about the awesomest idea I've heard of.

Cheryl said...

Alex's face is priceless. Sounds like a great Christmas day! I hope you guys are feeling better. Our girls are clinging to this cold like crazy.

Kory Jane said...

That pretty much sums up our Christmas as well. I think this past week with Corey off of work we spent half of our days in our Pajama's watching football and just sitting on the couch. That is so cute about the garage band....I loved it.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Look at the pure joy in those kiddie faces! Isn't it fun when they finally understand the whole Christmas concept. I love the bookcase idea for Chloe. Can't wait to get the girls together to play AG dolls.

Baxter Bruner said...

I know a real good piano teacher if you need one!!!

Emma said...

The last comment was actually Emma and not Baxter. I forgot to sign him out!!!

Margie said...

Loved Chloe's expression for her dolly :) and YAY for finding a good clearance item! How fun to have cousins around! so glad that Christmas went well and for all the fun pictures of the kids goods. I love that Chloe loves books... that is awesome! Can I come play with alex and his RC car?!?!?! Love his CUTE face as he sees what Santa brought him...TRUE excitement! Alyssa- love the toothless smile! I still like seeing her with her snuggie-Fun! What did seth and julie get?!??!?