It has come to my attention that my kids have inherited some of my less desirable qualities.
First of all, Alex has this problem where he says the words booty and butt way too much. I don't think these are bad words but of course they should not be used in every sentence. He has passed these words around to all the Primary children whose parents prefer words like bottom or bum, and now they all use these words during church. Very reverent.
A couple days ago me and Alex were playing and he said "Mommy, I'm gonna kick your butt to the moon". Right there it hit me. He doesn't have Turrets...he inherited this butt talk from me. That is my line when we play fight. And we sing a wash your booty song in the tub...and we sing a shake your booty song when we dance. I am the one with a butt obsession. Even Chloe will smack her little butt and say "butt, butt". Oops!
Another wonderful thing that I am passing on is my love for food. Chloe is especially affected by this one. She stands in the kitchen all day saying food,food,food...please,please,please...bite,bite,bite. I have never seen a kid eat like this. We are going to end up on Maury Povich if I don't rein her in.
And just this morning I saw where my genes have once again made their mark. It is Alex's last day of school and so they got to bring their bikes. Uh-Oh! None of my kids can ride a bike. Alyssa is starting to be able to get the pedals around with training wheels and Alex can't even make the pedals move. When I dropped him off today all the little munchkins were gliding effortlessly around the track. I am sure he will be humiliated by the time he gets home. I am probably the only mom in the world whose kids, age 4 and 6, still ride around on little baby push cars.
That, I must admit, is my fault too. I learned to ride a bike in 6th grade. Poor Alyssa does really well in school but always gets bottom marks in Physical Education. I have zero athletic ability and apparently I am imparting that fine gift to my kids.
Sorry guys...I will try to dig up some positive characteristics to share with you so that you don't grow up cursing my name. But for now I am going to go shake my booty with Chloe while Alex is at school.
Second Week of School
3 years ago
10 comments:
Thats not too bad Julie...my daughter watches cat in the hat and calls ben a "dirty hoe" lol! Bad I know....funny YES! so butt and booty would be great in my book :) and i'm glad it hasnt' taken you 3 years to be comfy calling me on the phone :)and i'm sorry to hear about your friend.
Ha Ha! I was only allowed to say bum growing up, so I let my kids say butt. I try to keep the butt talk to a minimum though.
Chloe is the ultimate "grub-chub!" I bet you Al comes home from bike day and knows how to ride. That is my prediction.
Crap! I say butt too! And crap... and booty... and fart... WHAT HAVE I DONE!? (At least we don't swear...:) )
You swear Emily?;) JK anyway who cares Julie, every kid learns every word at some point in their lives and you know Tyler was part of that too. He was saying poopy to Alise (sp? sorry andra). Don't worry too much about any of that.
You potty mouth!! :o)
Julie if that is the worst you're doing then you have little to worry about. For some reason kids are mesmorized to such words, maybe it's our reaction to them.
hey Julie,
I have some questions about your town and area, would you mind emailing me so i can give you more information. trollins@nelsonlabs.com
WHO CARES! I mean if you dont like them saying that, then correct them... but who CARES what other people do or think! Although I dont like when i hear, "what the" out of Hallie's mouth. Thats all she says is WHAT THE and it just sounds soooo bad, but then im like...whatever, there are WORSE things she could say. OHHH well!
Not your fault! Aspen learned this weekend, at 8 1/2!
Post a Comment