CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Best Birthday Ever




I should have waited to post Alex's birthday blog this morning because our day got so much more exciting after I clicked "publish post".

Chloe was up all night with a fever and runny nose. She would not sleep unless we held her so Seth and I took turns holding her all last night. This morning she took a nap while I was blogging and then when she woke up she was really barking (turns out she has Croup...awesome!)

While I was trying to talk to the doctor and deal with Chloe, Alex's school called. I missed the call but I called right back when I saw my caller ID but...no answer. So I panicked and ran down to the school.

When I walked into the school I saw my little birthday boy sitting in a chair in the corner wearing his birthday crown. The teacher came over and told me he wouldn't eat snack, which is weird because he brought pizza for his class for a birthday treat. He said he didn't want any because his stomach hurt and then he puked all over the carpet...awesome!

I took Alex home and after he battled diarrhea for awhile I laid him down to watch a movie. He jumped up and tried to run to the bathroom but on his way he puked at the bottom of the stairs. I picked him up to get him to the bathroom in case he wasn't done...he wasn't. He puked all down the stairs.

Now he is laying in my bed with his new sleeping bag that Kelly sent, a barf bucket and his blue blankie (that we told him we were getting rid of when he turned 4, but how can you take a blankie from a sick kid?). He is watching a movie on the laptop which he thinks is so cool because we don't have TV's in the bedrooms so this a special treat. I was sitting with him thinking what a crummy birthday this is when he told me he was having, "THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!"

That is our Alex. He just loves his life, even the yucky days and he is so grateful and now I love him even more than I did this morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K. this one brought tears to my eyes...he is always so positive, such an angel!!

Kory Jane said...

Don't you just love the joys of bodily fluids when kids are sick. You can't get mad that they don't make it to the bathroom in time, but the mess is so horrible I hate cleaning it up. My kids are pretty good now about making it to the bathroom or a bowl. Hope that he feels better.

Cheryl said...

I feel so bad for you and Alex! What a great little attitude he's got though. I hope he gets over this fast.

Katelin's family said...

What a happy guy! I'm going to have to remember that story for my next grumpy day. Cute, and love the pix in the other post!

Sally said...

Well, I would say poor Alex, but it seems like he really didn't mind at all. I'm definitely feeling sorry for you though. I really don't handle puke well.

Sarah E. said...

Poor guy! I say bring on the puke and the poop. I hate the croup! I hope that Chloe is OK. We still carry a breathing machine with albuteral where ever we go and some orapred. Good luck!

Team Ryan said...

:( Poor little guy. Hope he gets over it FAST! What a little trooper. We miss that lil guy!