
Reasons not to vote...
I am sick today, better than yesterday but still too sick to be running around town.
Alyssa is home from school today "sick" although she is eating Fun Dip right now.
No one wants me to bring Chloe to the polls, how annoying is a baby when you are trying to concentrate.
My vote won't matter. I am just one person.
I didn't register so I would have to stand in 2 lines, one to register and then another to vote.
These are the excuses that were brewing in my head this morning when I was trying to justify not voting today. But, I couldn't get my mind to rest peacefully with that decision. So, I dragged Chloe and Alyssa (Alex was at school) down to the polls and exercised my right to vote.
Alyssa wanted to bring her "vote for Clifford" posters with us. In her mock election at school she has been viciously campaigning for Clifford the Big Red Dog to edge out Arthur, and Little Critter. With the way this election has played out I almost wrote Clifford in on my ballot.
As you can tell, I am not entirely sold on either candidate. Also, I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable person when it comes to politics, but I have tried to learn as much as I could during this election and I have the RIGHT to be heard. Not everyone has that right. So even though my one vote will not change the outcome, I am sitting here wearing my "I voted" sticker, proud that I went out and did it!
We are blessed to be American and blessed to have the opportunity to have a voice. So, no excuses...GO VOTE...even if you have to write in "Clifford the Big Red Dog" on your ballot.
4 comments:
Sweet Julie... I agree 100% that we all need to go and exercise that right that we are fortunate enough to have! Good for you for taking the kids down to do it. I went saturday because I was so afraid the lines were gonna be long and I could only imagine how ancy Max would have gotten. Thats cool that Alyssa is getting involved in her little election, Go CLIFFORD!
Sorry Alyssa, Arthur still has my vote. Clifford is too red...I'm afraid he's a communist like Obama!
That's awesome. Go Clifford!
Way to go! I think it's very important to vote. This election, especially, has been very interesting. Even my second graders wanted their choices to be known. When I reminded my students that today was Election Day I had one student hold up his hands, look up and say please let them vote for Obama. Another was yelling "No he's not going to win!" It was very interesting that the hysteria has hit the 2nd Grade.
Post a Comment