Day 2 of Emily's visit marked 3 times in six days that I went to Six Flags. I promise I won't make you look at all of our Six Flags visits, only the ones where we bring friends with us.
On Thursday Bayley's grandpa had to work and grandma was at Youth Conference so we agreed to take her for the day. One of her cousins was also in town so we agreed to have him join us as well. Since I still had free Six Flags passes that expired the 15th I decided that going out sounded more fun than trying to keep 6 kids amused at my house all day. Since we were babysitting it left us short of seats in the van and I know Emily hates to drive as much as I do but she agreed to follow me in Seth's car (he got a ride to work). She did great, but she was relieved when we pulled safely in to the park.
While Tuesday was not very crowded, Thursday turned out to be the most crowded I have ever seen Six Flags. Oh well, we just steered clear of most of the coasters and rode the no line type rides. I may have gotten whiplash though from the constant twisting and turning of my head to count 1-2-3-4-5-6 kids all day! All of the kids were really good and helpful that day so it actually turned out to be a lot of fun and relatively low stress. On the way home from work (again he got a ride, thanks Kjel!) Seth got dropped off at the park and joined us until the park closed. Emily decided that she really wanted to ride Superman (coaster where you lay face down to the ground...awesome!) so I shoved her and Seth in line for that and I took all 6 kidlets with me for an hour and a half. I rocked it, but man am I glad I only have three.
We stayed until they kicked us out and then got some dinner and headed home. Seth was supposed to take Bayley and Caleb home and he left Alyssa there for the night too, after her and Bayley begged and pleaded. Alyssa is not technically allowed to do sleepovers but Bayley has stayed here before and her grandparents are friends of ours and so he made an exception. We kind of decide on sleepovers on a case by case, do we know you really, really well before you invite our child over basis so the answer is mostly no but this time she got the green light. She said they stayed up until 1:30 and she returned to us a happy camper the next morning.
But now I have gotten ahead of myself so let's go back to Six Flags.
I was happy to take baby duty and let Em ride the teacups. Still dizzy from my last spin on those suckers.
I was happy to take baby duty and let Em ride the teacups. Still dizzy from my last spin on those suckers.
And me and Griffin rounded out the cast for the day. No I did not purposely get in a picture. Emily took this on her phone.
After that last cute pic I zoomed out so you could see what Chloe was doing in the background. She was devastated whenever she wasn't right next to Bayley.
We don't usually play the games but Bayley and Caleb wanted to use their spending money to win a prize.
Alex was winning this one the whole time until at the very end another snake slithered in to the lead. Who was it? His own dad! He did hand the prize over to Alex though.
It was another great day at Six Flags but I think I am taking this week off, especially since it is now in the 90's. Man I am glad Em came last week instead of this one.
And now I must go because Chloe is out of her room requesting cherries for lunch and informing me that I am on her last nerve today so I better go deal with that and then I am off to the eye doc but don't worry I will be back soon with more fun to share.
5 comments:
I think it is funny we were at Six Flags the same day again (tuesday).
Do you guys eat at the park? We were trying to figure out if the dining plan is worth it but I don't think I want to eat there that often.
Haha...Chloe's personality is so huge that she makes every picture come to life. That one of her crying on the horse is the best thing I have ever seen!!
I like the pic of you with the cute baby, you look so pretty.
May I just explain how Emily came out there? If you recall,you were the FIRST I asked. Thought you'd come out for a wedding in Idaho the first of June! I'm just saying'...And then looked at Liz coming, cause she's out of school. Liz is the hero here--she suggested Em go because Liz went out to see Sarah in early spring, and she even volunteered to babysit if it was needed. I hadn't thought Em could go with 2 kids and Branch working, but things just fell into place. So--just saying'!
Cheryl, We rarely eat there. I usually go after lunch and stay til 6ish and eat after. We thought about just getting one or two food passes but if we eat we get Panda Express and share 2 meals for all 5 of us and Panda is not one of the meal plan options.
Val, thanks for the compliment and of course I had your amusement in mind when I took the carousel pic of Chloe.
Ann, I know YOU picked me 1st for the ticket. I was just saying I was Emily's last choice. I so appreciated the offer but I wasn't ready to go away without my kids or to have one of them go away without me. But I think it turned out perfect in the end. It was great to get Emily out here and THAT BABY!!! He is delightful. We were all smitten and now I am so sad that we didn't meet him a long time ago.
You guys are killing us with all these six flags visits. I'm sure Auntie Em was pleased with that treat though.
Post a Comment