So while I am up I guess I will take a brief crafting.baking break to finish out Emily's visit so I will be all caught up and ready to post about the party tomorrow night, or maybe Saturday morning, since I will probably collapse at 10:01 tomorrow night, immediately after kicking the party guests out the door.
Alright, so back to Sunday. Since it was Fathers Day Seth did not have church meetings so he was home for Father's Day breakfast, which he cooked. I know, I am so rude but Emily wanted crepes and Seth is our crepe guy. I did make the batter though. Then Seth opened his gift, which he also had to get for himself. I planned to get him something but he decided he wanted a new gun since he is hunting with his dad this October for the first time since we had kids, I think. I am not a gun chick so he took care of the details, but we did get him a card and tie a bow on the gun.
As soon as Emily got off the plane I thought her baby looked like our friend's son, John. Then Alyssa came over to me and said, "mom, he looks like John." And when Seth got home he said,"doesn't he look like John?" In pictures I couldn't see it as much but in this one I can so for those of you know The Morton's, doesn't he look like little John did as a baby?
Saturday night Emily got sick and by church on Sunday she was pretty miserable so I took her home after Sacrament meeting and watched her little guy while she slept . That is one chill baby. He just played with toys and talked to me while I got to work on Seth's requested Father's Day dinner. After dinner we sat outside by the fire pit and Seth made us dutch over peach cobbler. And before you think I got off easy on Father's Day, I did peel and cut the peaches.
So Monday morning I asked Emily is she had an last requests before she went home and she said she felt like she needed to go to Jelly Belly since she has seen it over and over again right here. I know that tour inside, outside, upside, downside but my kids never tire of going and grazing at the sample bar and now Em can join the ranks of those who came to see me and ended up with Jelly Belly pics on the blog.
Monday night we drove Emily and Griffin to Milwaukee, ate dinner and dropped them off at the airport. As soon as we started to walk away from them Alex said, "now that they're gone we can talk about them." I laughed and asked what he had been wanting to say about them, to which he answered, "that I love them". So cute, but that boy is no good at gossiping.
Thanks again for coming Emily and for bringing that cute munchkin. We really wish we could have met him sooner and are so happy that it won't be another 14 months before we see him again. See you soon!!!
Alright, back to baking and crafting....
6 comments:
Griffin totally looks like John. Unreal likeness. Lucky for both of them their super cute kids!
Glad Emily got to make a visit to Jelly Belly. What's WI without that special stop?
Can't wait to hear all the fun stuff you've planned for Alyssa's party!
THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME VISIT!!
I had so much fun. Thanks for showing me Wisconson and Chicago and Jelly Belly and...
LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Jelly Belly looks like my kind of place! :) You sound like a great hostess. I love reading all of the sweet things Alex says.
I can't wait for pictures of Alyssa's party, and I hope you squeeze in some sleep!
What a fun visit!
And he DOES look like John. Wow.
I can't wait to see what fun you have for Alyssa's party.
Of course, a Jelly Belly Tour would be in order for any visitor. Dang, I even miss that place. Boo-hoo:(
Ha, poor Seth had to get his own Dad's Day gift. Mike did the same when he was in Iraq. I just had to go pay/pick it up for him to have ready when he returned.
P.S. Yes, I can see John in Baby G's face. So funny!
Post a Comment