So let's rewind.
My mother in law had one free round trip flight to give away. She offered it to us and Seth talked about flying Alyssa solo to WY but I am just not ready for that so she offered the ticket to Emily. Seth works in Utah sometimes so he has met Emily's baby several times, but the kids and I still (after 14 months) had not met our new little nephew/cousin so Em decided to come see us. Seth says she would have picked Sarah but Southwest didn't fly anywhere close to Sarah's house. I prefer not to think of myself as a last resort so I am choosing to believe that she picked us. Since they only had one freebie flight, Emily's Chloe-aged daughter and husband could not make it but Em and Griffin flew in on Wednesday afternoon. Since Seth was at work I picked them up. It was my first time driving to the airport in Milwaukee but since I have done O'Hare it was actually pretty simple. Phew!
We hung out at home oohing and ahhing over the baby for awhile and then met Seth at Cracker Barrel for dinner, followed by a trip to the strawberry patch. We intended to pick 6 buckets of berries but it was slim pickins. We got the 2 baskets Seth needed for his home teaching families and called it quits. Sadly they do not expect good picking this year so I will be without strawberry freezer jam this year. Seth brought home 25 pounds of Georgia peaches instead and many of them went in to jam.
But forget jam and let's look at some pictures.
Meet Griffin, or as Al calls him, baby man.
This next one if my favorite because it is candid and shows how much the kids were loving on their baby cousin. They found him positively intoxicating.
And I guess I'll show you Emily too.
It was cold, which is why Lyssa is hiding in her shirt.
Look, even me and Seth made shadow appearances in this pic.
After an early morning flight and his first WI strawberry adventure Griffin was exhausted. He is such a mellow baby though. He smiled and talked to everyone and never had anything to complain about no matter how much we smothered him and dragged him around so we knew he would be nothing but good times all week long. We were right, and I'll show you more later.
5 comments:
It's always wonderful to see family! So glad you got to enjoy a visit. I'm loving my peaches. I just finished freezing, jamming (didn't set, we've got a TON of syrup) and dehydrating mine. It's been a process. I'm hoping that it will all taste delicious throughout the year and it will have been worth my time. YUM for fresh.
How fun for the cousins to finally meet. I'm sure it was interesting to have a baby around again, and your kids are old enough now to appreciate that. Oh, how I miss picking strawberries. Nothing like that around here. Boo! However, we do still have lots of jars of jam from previous years, but we may have to sneak in a trip during strawberry season to come pickin'. And, to see you guys, too, of course;)
First off, you weren't the second choice...you were third. No just kidding.
We had so much fun! Thank you for having us and letting hang out with you and driving us all over. It was awesome!!
LeShel, Our jam didn't set too well either. I was afraid of that while we were making it because those peaches were SO juicy. The jam is good on toast, but won't hold up on PB&J so I think we will also be using it on waffles and pancakes. Still yummy!
Jen, It was fun to have the baby here especially because he was a SUPER good baby, but I am still running around making sure the door to the basement is closed and nobody drops a bead that he could choke on and now I remember that I am grateful that the baby years are over. Of course I think the older years are WAY busier and harder in some ways but still I am happy to be on to a new phase of life. However, when they are all in school I may be singing another tune. WAH!!!
Oh hi Em! Your comment just popped in at the same time and I was about to text to make sure you got home last night but now I will assume that you did. Thanks again for coming!
Post a Comment