My dad and Linda came down to play for the day and we started our fun at Chuck E. Cheese's.
Luke was taking balls from ski-ball and chucking them up into the neighboring game. Hee-hee, sorry to the next guy who tried to play ski-ball on the machine with the missing balls.
If you are wondering if you have already seen Alyssa's pink polka-dotted cardigan, you have. Kristen gave it to Alyssa when we got there and she found a way to work her wardrobe around it every single day. She also wore it to school today. She worships Kristen.
Cashing in...the kids spent most of their tokens on plastic picture ID cards so we had very few tickets to redeem.
The rest of us went outside to play. Kristen and Steven took off work and came to hang out as well. We spent a lot of time playing outside again and Coach Dave (he's not really a coach, but he should be) taught all three of my kids to hold and swing a bat. He pitched to them and even Chloe hit the ball. Alyssa was so proud. She has my athletic (in)ability, but maybe she just needs a better gym teacher. Dave? Are you sure you don't want to move to Wisconsin?
It was getting dark and I told you my camera is having issues, but I still thought I'd include a look at our backyard baseball game.
The kids danced and played with Auntie Kristen. I wish I was the fun auntie like Kristen.
This is called the huggy dance, introduced to the world by Luke and Chloe. This picture is 100% candid, I promise. Aren't they cute? They were so fun to watch. They always had a new game, or dance, or hiding place, and their conversations were priceless.
Luke and Chloe took a bath, which was adorable but I don't dare post a bath picture for fear of CPS coming after me.
When all the kids were nestled in their beds, the rest of us were trying to play a board game but Chloe kept sneaking around. Finally she asked if she could go lay down with Luke and Dave. I sent her up to ask Dave, but he was asleep so she just curled up at their feet and went to sleep. Val said they looked like cats sleeping all over Dave.
With our last munchkin catching some Z's, we were free to chat and play. The only game we played this trip was Buzzerwizzer, oh and one we made up. They put me and Steven on a team. They usually do that for laughs because we are not too great at trivia, but that night we whooped the competition. They asked for a rematch, sure that it was a fluke, and we whooped them again. After that night I was back to my losing ways for the remainder of our stay. Whatever, I don't play to win...I just play to trap everyone in a game so they will have to stay up late with me.
Anyone want to come over and play with me? I'm easy to beat.
7 comments:
I love that picture of Alex and your dad... what a great one. Also the one of Chloe with her cousin is priceless.
I used to be the fun aunt until I became a mom and it went away.
I want to play! We really should have a game night. I love board games but rarely get to play them because Doug doesn't like them as much.. but he will play if other people are!
That looks like such a fun day and exhausting day. Glad you guys to got to meet up with your dad, too. Auntie Kristen does sound like the fun Auntie. Can she come stay with us for a while?
I'd pay her.
A lot.
Cheryl, my sister was just saying that I never had the chance to be the fun auntie because I had kids first, and I'm always tied up with them. I probably wouldn't have been that fun anyhow since I didn't like kids until I had my own. Oh well... We do need to get a game night going.
Jen, I will put in an offer to Kristen right away. Maybe I can convince her to move to WI. I will feed and house her, and you can pay her to entertain the children.
I vote for the Huggie Dance - but we were doing that back when I was a teenager. I just love the smiles! Looks like a wonderful trip. We've missed you. Welcome home.
(Oh, and any chance I get to play a game, I go for it! Always lose. But I go for it!)
Ah, game night! I'm in! As long as it turns into a game early morning, too. :o)
Post a Comment