CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

Farewell to Fall

A year ago today, I posted the exact same thing. Are you bored watching the replays of my life? Too bad, because it was that time of year again. The weekend where we realize that if we procrastinate any longer we will be stuck with 2 feet of leaves under 2 feet of snow. After taking down the trampoline, we grabbed our rakes and got to it.

Seth actually already cleared the front yard and the city took those leaves a couple weeks ago, but we still had enough in the backyard and side yard to build a small mountain. I almost stayed inside (to clean the house), but the kids wanted to go out. I am glad they did because we had a blast.

If you notice lots of twigs this year, it is because we have a willow tree. It sheds branches, this year more than ever thanks to a big wind storm. Not fun to clean up, but apparently still fun to jump in.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
When we moved to our side yard, this is how it looked before we even took a rake to it. Crazy, right? We could jump before we even worked, and thankfully there are NO willow branches on the side of the house.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Alyssa was raking, Alex was digging a tunnel through the leaves and Chloe was throwing leaves out of the pile. Poor Alyssa had to re-rake that pile a dozen times.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The front yard pile.
Photobucket
The side yard pile.
Photobucket




Goodbye Fall.

11 comments:

Jen said...

As stressful as it may have been to deal with all those leaves, I'm sure it was super fun to be able to jump in. Our house in MN and MD both were full of tree and eventually leaves in the fall. We counted 50+ bags one time after raking. Insane, right? We need to deal with our leaves, too, but luckily we don't have nearly as much you guys did.

Emily said...

Holy smokes you guys have a ton of leaves! I swear you have more than the entire complex we live in!!

Kory Jane said...

So I have to know, did you have to bag all those leaves? Or do they just suck them all up off the curb? I wouldn't know what to do with all those leaves everywhere. At least you guys had fun doing it.

Sarah E. said...

Ahh leaves! Jonathon just mows ours up. When he does it looks like he is vacuuming the lawn. We do have to rake pricklies though. Not quite as much fun to jump in. I love the look on Alex's face in the photo of leaves piles up to Alyssa's waist.

Katie and Mark said...

Oh my gosh! That's a TON of leaves! I love having my laptop now because I actually got to watch your video. Yeahhhhh! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a lot of leaves. Do you have to take down a tramp? We never did growing up and ours is still outside. I guess it makes it last longer.

So sorry you had the runs for 4 years. I have been going crazy for 7 weeks. The diarrhea is gone now its just fudgy poop-we'll see what happens after tomorrow when we go off the meds. Wish us luck.

Anonymous said...

We have been watching Fraggle Rock on that new Hub channel and the leaves pic with Alyssa standing looks just like that leaf creature from the show...

4 more days!!

Catherine said...

Holy leaf piles! I have never seen such piles in my life. How fun, though.

I love the Halloween pictures of your kids. I was dying of curiousity to know what they were all being. Everyone looked adorable, as always.

Julie L said...

Funny. Just yesterday morning I was raking leaves and kept thinking about your post last year and being grateful we don't get quite that large a pile each year. Of course, all the leaves on our trees are still on the trees, and I still raked up 4 large garbage bags (+ 2 from last week - and I have yet to really start - I take it back, maybe we could have that many leaves!)

It was fun watching the videos. Chloe was such a big help!

Seth and Julie said...

Kory, We are actually not allowed to bag leaves here. They just vacuum them up. Thursday is pick up day. I hope we don't have wind before then.

Makinzee, Most people here take down trampolines, and those who don't usually have to throw it away after a year or two. More extreme weather, I guess. I am also laughing at your "sorry you had the runs for 4 years" comment. Should I specify that it was Alex and not me, or just let the other comment readers be grossed out. Ha,ha! Either way, I am glad Lexi seems to be improving. It is no fun!

Margie said...

OMGosh... LOOK at all those leaves! that would NEVEr EVER happen in arizona! Oh i miss those leaves, but most importantly I miss YOU GUYS!!!! are you coming before thanks???