Last time I went to CA, I swore I would never go to Disneyland again. Ever! My stepdad was thrilled since he has been preaching for years about Disney being the least family-friendly, family-oriented company in the world. I admit that I agree to some extent, but I grew up on Disney and I can't stay away. Disney is my drug dealer, and I am all about their pixie dust.
Last time we went it was New Years Day, and we hoped that by going the week before Thanksgiving Break officially started, we would get on more than 3 rides and be a little more comfortable than sardines. We wanted to go earlier in the week, but my mom was busy until Friday, so we crossed our fingers, sold our souls (and checkbooks) to the Disney devil and ventured out.
It was crowded, but not Disney crowded. Lines were about 15-20 minutes. Not bad. It was a bit chilly that day, so maybe it scared the locals away. Translation for Non-Californians: It was about 60 degrees.
Steven had to work that day and Seth was leery about joining the Sisters Club as the lone male, but we talked him into it. Did you know that no one likes to be around me and my sisters, except for Steven and sometimes Jeff (even he can't take us on a regular basis)? Isn't that sad? We don't mind, but we do worry about a sister-in-law ever trying to chisel a place for herself in our world. We are mega obnoxious when we combine forces. Sorry, off on a tangent. Back to Disney...
This Disneyland trip reminded me that I am not only still addicted to Disney, but I am now back on good terms with them again after a far more magical day than I had two years ago. My kids are the perfect ages for Disney right now, and they loved every minute of our visit. We went on everything, and thanks to the cold, no one was riding Splash Mountain. They let us stay in our log and go twice in a row. That has never happened to me at Disneyland, or any amusement park actually. We planned to leave at 9 or 10, but didn't get to our cars until 11:57, 3 minutes before closing. We couldn't seem to drag ourselves away from the fun.
Here is just a glance.
All the Christmas lights and decorations were up. Santa and Mrs. Claus were there with live reindeer.
Dumbo was the most anticipated ride. We got it out of the way quickly so that we wouldn't have to keep hearing what color elephant everyone wanted. Pink for Chloe.
Purple for Alyssa. Notice the cardigan was not pictured the previous day (in the wash), but is now back.
I finally talked Luke into going on one ride with me. He is shy around me, which makes me so sad. He agreed to ride Peter Pan with Seth, so I jumped on too. Later in the week he did come and lay on my lap for awhile, and it made my whole trip. I wish I lived down the street like Aunt Kristen.
Here is a fun question. Which sisters look the most alike? We always get different answers for that one. What is funny, is that the two who look most like my mom hardly ever get told they look like each other. And the two who look the most like their dads (different dads) get told they look alike all the time. What do you think? From left to right we are Kelly, Kristen, Valerie and Me. And if it makes a difference...none of us wear our natural hair color. Three of us go darker, and one goes lighter. Oh, and I love this picture, by the way.
This picture is a blurry mess, but I had to show you that Captain Eo is back!!! I used to watch Eo about 5-6 times per visit. I couldn't get those 3D glasses on fast enough.
This next series is my favorite! I was in front of Kristen and Alex on Thunder Mountain. I turned around and snapped the first picture before we took off. Then I decided to just hold my camera up behind me and snap away while we rode. It was dark and I couldn't see if they were even in the shots. I was sure I would get nothing but a blurry mess. I was so excited when I saw the cute pictures that resulted.
The castle was all lit up for Christmas. We wanted a picture. You have to get a castle pic at Disneyland. They had it roped off and they were making people pay a photographer to take their picture.
We decided the new policy was annoying and we ran up and snapped a picture really fast. Terrible picture. Perhaps that was our bad karma for cheating Disney out of an extra $20 they so desperately needed, but hey, we got our castle shot. Rebels!
And this would have been the cutest picture ever taken, but my camera is no longer capable of taking a picture at night. Even with the blur, I still love it. My kids won't go anywhere near the characters.
The Haunted Mansion is The Nightmare Before Christmas from Halloween to Christmas. So much cooler than the regular Haunted Mansion. It even smelled like gingerbread. The kids loved it, and for the rest of the day Alex asked for Jack Skellington Mouse Ears after every ride. Once he got them they stayed on his head for about 4 days.
Alyssa got cute hoop earrings with a birthstone Mickey Mouse dangling, and Luke got a Toy Story Astro Blaster. I love theme park souvenirs!
After souvenirs, we loaded up our sleepy mouseketeers and got about 5 feet from the park before they were all dreaming Disney dreams.
Oh, and even though that picture of Alex is the perfect happy ending, I can't resist showing you what just walked in my computer room. No Shave November has concluded, and the guys at Seth's work all agreed to shave in a silly way for December 1st. So now I am married to this guy...
What you can't see, is that he dyed that ridiculous mustache black. What you can't smell, is that he threw on some cologne to come present this new look to me. As though 70's cop was gonna be my thing? I had a good laugh, but now I want the goatee back, or even the beard. No more messing with my facial hair. But he does smell good, I'll give him that much.
15 comments:
Awwwww....Disneyland! I want to go on your vacation. I loved Balboa, but now you topped it with the happiest place on earth! It looked like the perfect day. I want to go to Disneyland so bad. The last time we went was a little over two years ago. I know my kids would just love it. It is our goal to get there this summer. :)
I love the picture of Alex in his new Jack hat. It is a super cute hat.
GREAT picture of the sisters.
My opinion, I think that Kelly and Val look the most alike. My next up, was Kelly and you. I also saw a lot of similarities between you and Kristen. So, I guess I would say: Kelley and Val. You and Kristen. ???? I'm must warn you though that I'm not very good at these kind of things thoough.
I would like to hear what opinions you "normally" get. :)
Kelly and I must look alike in some way because I always mix us up in pics, but all I see in the teacup picture is Bill King sitting with you, Kelly and Kristen!
That was another radical day! I loved watching Alyssa's excitement on Splash Mountain...so cute. I thought Seth's stache looked darker in that pic. Dave did that once and he looked like "Wooly Willy" (the face with the movable magnets for hair).
Hi Julie.... Maybe everyone looks like Bill King.....so sad.
Dad
Oh, Julie! I have so much to say everyday that I just quit and don't leave a comment. I'm reading, I'm hanging on every word and waiting for the next day. I am soooo sad that I didn't get to be at Leslie's house. I really wanted to see you! Especially when I could have seen Valerie and all your kids and that sweet new baby. Valerie's baby is so pretty, I think we need to borrow her for a couple of years. I would also like to borrow her tree house while I'm at it. You and your sisters are so beautiful, I mean really! That teacup pictures is gorgeous. Even if I couldn't wedge my way into the sisters' club, I'd sure love to be a fly on the wall with you guys. I'm sure you are all hilarious. And Steven-he is just as cute as when he was a little boy. He always had the best smile and I'm glad to see that he didn't outgrow it. I am so sad that I wasn't in California for your days 2 and 3. I want everyone to plan a trip to visit you in Chicago. My kids are learning the location of states right now and they have Wisconsin memorized because of you. You put the place on the map. They always pick up the WI piece and say, "This is Wisconsin where cousin Julie lives." It is 7:19 and I am still in my bathrobe and pajamas. Try to get the image out of your head. I'm also wearing a knit cap so I look a lot like Adrienne from the first Rocky movie and not at the end, only at the beginning. It's not a good look so I better get going, but had to comment.
So, I just have to say that Aspen (and the rest of us, but especially Aspen) has been waiting for you to get back and post. She's totally given up on me, but is an official "follower" of your blog. My kids are a little jealous of your fun trip, but they are loving living vicariously through their cousins! It looks like you had sooo much fun! I'm so happy you got to go. If you can't live by your sisters, you gotta take trips like this to reconnect and get a refill of sisterliness. Yea for you!
And Seth, um, that is some look! Though good smelling cologne would lessen the look. You needed the cheap mens body spray to complete the total package!
Wow, you guys did so much while there. Disnleyland, too?!? How fun. Love those pictures of the lit up buildings. So gorgeous. I told Mike we should decorate our house like that one year for Christmas, you know like the Griswalds.
I can't believe you ladies braved the teacups. I get sick just looking at them, even in your pictures. I'd have to say just from that picture you and Kristen look alike (obviously not the hair color), and that Kristen and Val look alike. However, some of the pictures from the other day of Val looked a lot like you, so I guess I can't say for sure who looks like whom.
Mike will be so jealous of Seth's 'stache. I'll make sure to show him. I can't believe he dyed it, too, like Mike did with his silly 'stache. Those strange men.
I just showed Luke the pics and he thought the picture of Kelly in Dumbo was you. I think all of us brunettes look alike while goldilocks stands on her own. Speaking of goldie, those Thunder Mountain action shots are so cool. I can't believe she looks so good in candid coaster pics...I'm gonna snack her for that!
Oh yeah, when we got to the end of the pics Luke saw the mustache and just started cracking up!
THe last 2 pics are hillarious and your comments are even better. Glad to see that Seth did make the trip just in time for Disneyland, I agree that place is a drug deale
r and we all want in on it!
We're all hanging on every word and picture.
Your day at Disneyland looked like so much fun.
I wish we could have seen all the sisters together in action. I am sure you're all hilarious together.
Can we all plan a sister's trip to Chicago? Yours and mine, and call it a Chicago Cousin Trip? I think we'd have a great time.
I think Val and Kelly look the most alike, although I think the hair has a lot to do with it. I can see similarities in all, though...such babes!
I'm thinking I'll have to add Disneyland to my wishlist before the kids get too big. Looks amazing! I went as a Senior and wasn't too impressed, but it'd be fun to take little ones. Love the post!
Julie, you really make me miss Disneyland. Looks like you guys had a fun time. I have never done it during Christmas time, but I think I'll have to give it a try.
I wish we could take our kids to Disneyland. OK, I just wish I was in sunny CA right now. Well, I think you all look like sisters, but I couldn't say who looks more alike. Sorry Seth, you look like Josh when he shaves everything but a mustache...the creepy guy you don't want your kids alone with! J/k you look awesome!
Leslie and Erin, I think a cousins trip to Chicago sounds awesome!
Jen...we did NOT go on or near the teacups. That is a stationary one to pose in. I can't stand the teacups!
It's been fun to look at all the pictures from all the Calif posts. I'm glad you got to go. What terrific memories you made!
And Seth's new facial hair? Well, I vote with you on the goatee. (Sorry, Seth. Just gotta call it like I see it!)
Post a Comment