I feel like someone cut the summer in half this year. The time is slipping away so quickly and I still have a list of stuff I want to do. I may not get to it all, but I am going to give it my best shot. Today was rainy, and on Wednesdays kids are half off at the pottery studio, so it was the perfect day to check off one more thing.
We filled our tummies at Trolley Dog and then walked down the street to the art studio.
Since I knew Chloe's attention to detail would be minimal, she just got a couple little magnets to scribble on.
Alex's bat plate. He gave up on filling in the bat signal pretty quickly and turned that job over to me.
The kids had a great time although they all needed a little bit of help, other than Alyssa. She filled her palette up with every shade of pink and we never heard another word from her. Luckily the place was really kid friendly though. They had a play area, free lollipops, and really helpful workers who even drew images on our plates for us to fill in. The kids ran wild and helped themselves to everything in the place, and no one ever made us feel anything but welcome.
5 comments:
seriously, so much fun.
Did Chloe do those all by herself? They look really good. I like those places, maybe I'll take Luke to do that too (or send Kristen with him). I want that Batman plate, so cool!
You beat me to the post. Despite all the chaos today, I think the kids had a lot of fun and the projects turned out great (even the pink rainbow...you know what that means don't you). I just wish UV would have been old enough to do her own project. Maybe when she's older and home alone with me I'll take her to do something.
Val, Chloe painted the dog brown and the ice cream pink and then I stepped in to help her with the details....meaning that I held her hand and placed the brush where it needed to go, or in some cases just got my own brush and helped. I was actually thinking on the way home that Luke would like that Batman plate.
Jen, I loved the jewelry boxes and still can't believe Alyssa didn't pick one of them. I know she just does the opposite of whatever I suggest. I think that is why the whole thing ended up pink too. After she painted that first stripe, I asked if she needed me to get her some orange. She ignored me and went up and got 6 more shades of pink. Apparently I need to get out of the way when she is creating. Such a diva. And then Annie with her "I want a Paris themed plate." How old do these girls think they are?
Cute post, fun day. But even better were the comments following. Do those kids even have a clue how very lucky they are to have you for a Mom? I doubt it. But they are!
Post a Comment