CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy "Moters" Day

It was a pretty low key Mother's Day since I got my bike last weekend. Saturday morning Alyssa was working diligently, and secretively, on a card for me. Chloe came and told me, "Dita making you a happy birthday." Close enough!

Here is the card she presented to me this morning after I woke up to a bacon, egg, cheese and avocado sandwich, courtesy of Seth. He also cooked dinner, and dessert but he does all the cooking on Sundays much of the time. Anyhow, the card....
Photobucket

I don't know if you can see but Alyssa is wearing an "I love Mom" necklace and I am wearing an "I love Alyssa" necklace, which I am holding out with one hand. Clever way to compensate when the necklace turned out to be a little long, if you ask me. I am also loving the hair all the way around the perimeter of my face. I love the pictures Alyssa draws.

And when I opened the card, a MOTHER poem was inside. She wrote me one last year too, and the M stood for "My mom likes to eat"....

This year's was just as classic.

M-y mom is funny.
O-h, moms are great!
T-here you are waiting for me
H-ere you are hugging me
E-ating yummy food you cook
R-arely ever mean

Love, Alyssa 2010

I admit I cried a little bit. It was sweet. And funny! Rarely ever mean. I prefer to think she meant to say never ever mean, but didn't have an N to use.

Happy Mother's Day ladies. I hope your kids made you laugh and cry today too.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Mother's Day Julie! Thanks for being a great example to me!

PS-I am going to be be calling you tomorrow. This is just fair warning!

Julie L said...

Precious card. Now 'Rarely' works probably a little more honestly than 'Never', only because I don't know a mother who is ever perceived as "Never Mean" by their children. It's just that Moms do have to say no on occasion, otherwise the little ones would grow up on lollipops and ice cream sundaes, and stay up all night, and only sleep when they can't function one minute more, right? You're a great Mom, Julie. And her card proves it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you are wearing BFF necklaces, that cracks me up (so does the hair)!! Rarely ever mean is a good one too. Happy Mother's Day!

Did you get the pics I sent you??

Katelin said...

Love this and all the recent posts--so precious!

Catherine said...

I love that card. The poem is priceless. And I love that you are "rarely mean."

I also loved your posts about your relationships with your kids. I can definitely relate to your post about Alex. I love how little boys adore their mothers. I always think that no one loves me like my little boy loves me.

Thankyou so much for the kind comment you left on my blog. I always think you look like such a great Mom and you look like you are really enjoying your children.

I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day and I love your bike.

baodad said...

I love Alyssa's artwork too! I still have the cute robot easter egg drawing she did for Alex on my desk.

Katie and Mark said...

Great card! I love the drawing. The hand holding the necklace was super creative. :)