CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Rewind: Part Five

So we have about summed up our little road trip.

We planned to leave for home early Monday morning and drive straight through, but wanted to stay a little longer so we decided to leave Monday afternoon instead. We had this brilliant plan to stay in Louisville overnight so that we could visit our friends that moved there last summer. Only problem was that we didn't have their new number. We scrambled and tried to find them, but failed. Next time we will plan in advance JJ and Emily. We would love to see you guys!

Monday morning we went to downtown Morristown, which was sadly rundown because it could be really cool. There are tall old buildings, from back when buildings still had character and charm, and an elevated outdoor sidewalk to access the upper levels. Old buildings make me sad. Is that weird? I always felt that way in Buffalo when I saw houses that must've been amazing in their day. They don't build houses or buildings like that anymore and I am sad to see them dying.

Photobucket

Anyhow, we walked around and had cinnamon rolls at a garden cafe.
Photobucket
The obligatory, proof that I was there, picture.
Photobucket

Then we headed to Chick-fil-A for lunch and back to Sarah's to pack up. The kids spent their last minutes ignoring each other, Sarah's kids in the house, and mine on the porch. Were they sick of each other? Heavens know, they were avoiding goodbye. It broke my heart. Thank you so much for having us Sarah and Jonathon. Let's do it again SOON!

Luckily we didn't try to go straight home on Monday because we once again sat for hours in the parking lot that they call the state of Kentucky. We got situated in our hotel room at almost 10:00 PM. The kids were begging to swim and after sitting all day so quietly, I really wanted to let them but I figured the pool would be closed. However, as luck would have it, the pool was open until 11:00 so I ran my kids down for a dip. We came back to our room for some late night pizza and then the kids put their tired bodies in bed and fell asleep without a word from us.

Some hotel pointers: One, if you are ordering pizza to your room, ask the delivery guy to bring plates, or your kids will have to eat off of ripped up pieces of the pizza box.

Photobucket
Two, request a crib when you book the room or when you check in at 10:00 PM they will be all out and your baby will have to sleep with you, or in an armchair.
Photobucket

On Tuesday morning we loaded up again and made the final leg of our journey and landed at HOME, where we have since sequestered ourselves with hot cocoa, and blankets. It was fun to get out the shorts for a few days, but now it is back to Spring Break Wisconsin style.

3 comments:

Katelin said...

That's such a bummer you didn't get to see VanYperens, but hotels are fun, too. You'd think delivery to a hotel would automatically mean they'd bring things to eat off! Duh! Cute pix!

Julie L said...

Good pointer on the pizza. What a great break for all of you! And you look absolutely gorgeous (as always) in that family picture. The only drawback to vacations is the coming home part. Even when I'm ready to, I'm not, really, ever. I just love the whole concept of vacation. They're never long enough, though.

And although today it looks like it might actually be a little spring-like, here in Utah we continue to be in winter as well.

Jen said...

I'm so jealous that you got to eat Chick-Fil-A. I'm seriously obsessed with their "golden" fries (haha). You think you were a bad mom for putting Chloe in an armchair for a bed, but I think it's genius. I've actually wondered how we were going to travel and stay in a hotel room with 3 kids (once Vi is older) and only have 2 beds available. You've answered that question!