We have just returned from a 6 day, 6 state road trip. Who would've ever thought we would consider it a great blessing to have family 10 hours away, but when everyone else is 20 and 30 hours away, we find ourselves very grateful for family that can be reached in one day of driving.
So we meandered down to Tennessee for Easter, and had a great time. The kids love having cousins "nearby" and we love watching them develop friendships.
I ALSO retract my previous post and declare that I now LOVE technology, or at least parts of it. Like DVD players that allow Dora,Transformers, and Barbie to join us on the way down. Redbox that allowed us to pick up new movies in TN for the ride home and then return them right here in our own backyard. I also love GPS. And most importantly digital cameras. I took 284 pictures in the last 6 days. Before digital cameras that would've cost a small fortune. So today I say YAY for technology. Now if someone could find a way to digitally alter the weather. When we drove out of TN the car thermometer was locked at 91 and for some reason it steadily descended until we arrived back in Wisconsin and found that the remainder of Spring Break will be rainy and 40 degrees. Oh well, we had days and days of short sleeves and play outside all day weather, and it was delicious.
Plus, the rain and cold have my kids hiding indoors and I should have time to get some of those pictures posted. I also need to do some blog stalking and see how Easter was for all of you.
Second Week of School
3 years ago
2 comments:
Glad you're back--I missed your comments on my blog, since I always know you will comment insightfully and fast! :o) That redbox thing is great, and I hadn't thought about being able to use it for a road trip. Nice! Can't wait to see the pictures!
So glad you're back and that you had a great time on your trip. I'm relieved that you finally found your way to loving technology. It's necessary for survival at my house.
The weather was nice on Monday but not so much yesterday and definitely not today. Hopefully, it'll turn around for the rest of the week. Surprisingly, we had perfect and warm weather the entire time we were in MN and then ventured SOUTH to colder weather. Makes total sense.
Can't wait to see pictures and get the kids together again. They have been asking about you guys.
Post a Comment