CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Rewind: Part Two

I was blogging with Chloe on my lap earlier, but now she is asleep, so let's see if I can catch up...

We arrived in Tennessee early Friday morning, about 2:00AM. For some reason we hit major midnight traffic in Kentucky and rode single file for a couple of hours. As luck would have it, on the way home the single file, construction speed traffic had switched to the opposite side of the freeway and we hit it again. Luckily my kids are better behaved on road trips than anywhere else on earth.
Photobucket
We arrived to find Sarah waiting, and all of our beds made and ready for us. We slept until the kids awoke and then got right back on the road again, to go see Knoxville.

We started out at World's Fair Park. We brought swim suits to play in the giant fountains but the water was off. No big deal. The weather was beautiful and we had fun just being outside.
Photobucket
We went up on top of the sunsphere, which I loved because it is FREE to ride up. I am used to the Sears Tower and Hancock building where you pay $10 just to ride the elevator. Here we are on top of Knoxville.
Photobucket
Then we headed down to Market Square, an artsy little area where all the menus include hummus, tofu, etc., You get the point. We took the kids to a cozy little sidewalk restaurant and I am not sure the other patrons appreciated our presence. After some yummy fish tacos for lunch, we hit the ice cream shop. We were more in our element there.
Photobucket
We strolled around and got balloon animals from the balloon man.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We relaxed in the shade.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And we finally found some running water. Of course we had abandoned swimsuits, after finding the fountains off at the park, so we just sent the kids in in their clothes.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After they were all drenched we found Seth, who had fallen asleep under a tree, and went to the general store. I love those kinds of stores, with old fashioned candy in barrels and Nehi soda. We loaded up and headed back to Morristown.

The rest of the day was spent just relaxing and playing outside. My kids were so happy to be outside. I was half tempted to find a house in Tennessee and move immediately.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a lot of fun! However, you are not allowed to move there...theres been too much of that going on! I wouldnt mind some warm weather right now though.

Cheryl said...

Abi's the best on road trips too. It's great isn't it.
It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Jen said...

Love seeing your kids wearing their clothes while running through the waterfalls. Fun!