CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it STOP!

About a month ago the kids had their first snow day for this year. For someone who detests snow, I for some reason LOVE snow days. How fun is it to wake up and find out there is no school? I would have loved that as a kid. Since there was no such thing in Southern California, I am living out my snow days vicariously through my children.

So here is what we did...

Made doughnuts for breakfast

Practiced making the ornaments we were making the next day for Breakfast with Santa

And if you noticed that Alex is thus far absent, it was because he took a Sharpie to Chloe

And then took this to the computer monitor which we will now have to replace, so he sat out for a couple hours

Then we put Chloe to nap

And the rest of us went and played in the snow

WOO HOO!!!

We even built a snow man. This happens to be the first snowman I ever built.


And of course we drank hot chocolate

And had Burger King for dinner

We even finished the day by making and frosting cookies.

But now, one month later I am getting really sick of this view.

But here are a few views I am loving today...

Our cleaned off driveway. Seth has done 100% of the shoveling this year, I mean this marriage, so I decided to shovel today. I did half of the driveway and I thought I might die so I came in to take a break and when I went back to finish our neighbor had just finished snow blowing...THANK YOU!!!

Chloe's door closed tight because she is taking a long NAP!

And Alex and Alyssa cuddling under the electric blanket.

7 comments:

Brittney said...

that is the most perfectly round snowman I have ever seen. Mine was lumpy last year.
So uh, it was 76 here today, wanna come visit?
And thanks, the short dark look wasn't so much me was it

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Al tagged on Chloe...I missed that. That picture of Alyssa in the snow is trippy, either she is on top of someone or her legs are longer than mine!

I like the first picture of Alyssa...she looks pretty enough to be a vampire!

Emma said...

Wow you are definately super mom!! I got tired just reading everything that you did last snow day! Can't wait to see what you will to tomorrow!

Team Ryan said...

Wow Jules... You were busy! Looks like you guys had a fun day. I do miss playing in the snow, those pictures make me miss it, and of course...YOU guys! Its late and I should be in bed, but those pictures make me want to EAT COOKIES!!! Way to go with shoveling!

Sarah E. said...

I love your snow day! I just can't let my kids read what you do, you are setting a really high standard.

Kory Jane said...

So you make me look like a boring mother. We had a couple of days at home and I just sat around doing nothing. I imagine you are tired of the snow about now. Hope that it stop soon.

Tanya said...

I'm with you on just loving the snow days! Looks like you had a lot of fun! You did a great job on the snowman! If it would warm up a little you could go outside and build another one. I'm sure the last one melted. Good luck with that one!