CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Captain says...

I have always discouraged my kids from playing in their rooms. We basically just use our rooms for bedtime. I like everyone to be in communal living areas as much as possible. They don't even have any toys in their rooms.

But today when Alex was trying to play with his new pirate ship and Chloe was interfering I told him he could go play with it in his room. Off he went, which shocked me. He shadows me all day, everyday, until Alyssa gets home and then she inherits my shadow.

But 26 minutes after Alex went in his room, he marched down to the play room, pirate ship in tow. When I asked him what he was doing he said, "Captain told me, 'Little boy, you go play with your toys in the play room'".

So, for the rest of the day Alex and his crew sailed around the house on my heels.

Isn't Alex scary with his Pirate Mickey Mouse ears and the bread hook from the Kitchen Aid?

Chloe tried to get in on the fun but the hat made her mad.

So she went back to her own toys.

Don't be fooled, she can't walk yet.

3 comments:

Team Ryan said...

What a clever little feller... the bread hook! I LOVE how creative he is. His penguins going swimming in the ice machine and all of that, its just AWESOME! Chloe did have me fooled for a second, but I thought she would have had her own post if she really was walking... I'll be on the lookout ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of "little boy" in the hat, he looks so cute!

Sally said...

I so wish my kids would play in their rooms. Sometimes I have to exile them there for 30 minutes just so I can clear my head from all the noise.