Let's back up a couple weeks to Saturday, July 21st and head off to the Loveridge Family Reunion. We met up in Lehi, Utah with Seth's maternal grandparents and their posterity. I have actually gotten to know a handful of Seth's family on the Loveridge side pretty well through blogging so it was fun to spend some time with all of them in person and to let my kids meet all their computer cousins.
Seth's sister Emily asked if she could man the camera that day. I am usually happy in my role as the family's paparazzi but I relinquished my duties so that I could sit and chat. Thanks for capturing memories for me Em.
We started the day at Grandma Grandma and Grandpa Grandpa's house. That is what Alyssa called them when she was two and was trying to figure out who they were to her if they were her dad's grandparents and we thought it was cute so it stuck and I notice that some of the other great grandchildren have adopted the name as well.
How awesome is this? Alex could pump his legs and swing himself and his sister.
The BFF's as they call themselves...Best Fruzzies Forever (fruzzies are friend cousins)
Grandma Ann and Grandpa Tony
I like this candid shot because it shows that Alex likes to stay in close proximity to his momma.
Chloe tracked down her buddy Danny and suckered him in to standing in the hot sun and pushing her at the park.
Me and my friend Shikay. We were friends from work 100 years ago and now we are mrried in to the same family.
Everyone kept saying that Seth is starting to look like his big brother, Brody. I have never seen the resemblance but you can be the judge.
Jonathon started a game of kick the can wih the kids.
Some posed pics of the great grandkids from Seth's siblings with Grandma Grandma and Grandpa Grandpa. Em's kids were at a family reunion for the other side of their family so we were missing them.
I love this one where the kids are being silly and Grandma and Grandpa are looking at each other. Too cute.
Alright, we are almost to Cedar City where we will stay with Seth's brother for the night but is this post actually going to work? I have had to jump through countless hoops to get to this point so I hope so.
8 comments:
It worked great!! And tomorrow--CAMPING AT BROWNE LAKE!! Yes it is spelled Browne (and pronounced brownie), and it's in the Uintas. It's one of the places that Seth used to fish--and we are planning on trout for one dinner. Hope we catch a bunch, cause we all love it, and can't wait to see how you guys prepare it. And Seth ought to be excited--they've raised the daily limit on trout at Spirit Lake (just several miles away on a dirt road) from 4 to 8. So I'm thinking we will have about 30 trout each day! We are so excited to see you guys. And can't wait to see pictures from California. That looked SO fun!
The reunion wasn't long enough, at least not for me. And in all the photos I took, I don't think I got one of Alex. So I'm glad Em faired better than me. It was so fun to see all of you.
It's always fun to get a group together who don't get to see each other often. I'm sure you had a lot of fun catching up. The kids look like they took full advantage of time spent with cousins. That makes it all worth it. How cool to have a long lost friend/co-worker turn up as a relative at a reunion. You look so pretty in that picture, by the way. Peach is definitely your color:) I don't see much resemblance between Seth and his brother, but I guess you could say both have goatees and Seth's gray is catching up with his brother's.
A post from the road! Hooray!
Love the family time. It's wonderful to be with family. I'm not seeing the resemblance with Seth and his brother. They both have facial hair so maybe that's the link everyone see's. I constantly get told that all my boys look exactly like their dad. I figure it's because they all have a .... well we'll leave that alone.
Looks like a fun group! I'm glad the posts are working, and I love the silly shot infront of the playground.
It's so funny because we refer the Grandma and Grandpa Renouf as "Grandpa grandpa" and "Grandma grandma" instead of the normal Great Grandpa and Great Grandma. :)
I can see the resemblance between Seth and his brother, but I wouldn't say they look that much alike. And I just wanted to say that you look beautiful! Seriously. I wish I had your smile.
Road blogging is super cool I can only imagine all your catch up work. What cute names for Grandma Grandma, my kids always get confused where we are going, we call them Grandma with the red toy bucket. Did u see it? The reunion was fun! So good to see you. I don't see e resemblance at all!
GW looks and sounds so fun. Love the matching shirts but where are yours and the other sisters? Lol.
Fun!
Post a Comment