CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Detoured in Douglas

On Thursday it was time to leave camp and start our homeward journey. We did decide to detour a little bit on the way home to squeeze in a few more visits. I mean, if you are going to be in the car for 100 hours anyway, what's a few more, right?

Our first stop was in Douglas, WY to visit our friend's, Corey and Kory. Corey and Seth have been best friends since 4th grade but have not seen in each other since we moved to WI. They recently moved to WY so it was not too far out of our way. Seth was hoping to have a chance to stop and see them and before he even had the chance to call and make arrangements, Kory, who I have become good blogging buddies with over the past few years, left me a comment telling us to pop in if we had a chance. So pop in we did. It was a short visit but it was great to see them again after so many years.

We have pictures of Logan and Alyssa together when they were babies but we only knew the rest of their kids from the blog. Our kids ran off and made friends with them instantly...isn't it amazing how kids can do that? They even decided to have a group sleepover on the trampoline, but most of them didn't last too long. Alex was the first to get bounced when he started puking. Unfortunately the puking continued through the night and I was so embarrassed to present them with a pile of soiled blankets in the morning. If we ruined anything, please let me know so that I can replace it! Other kids bounced back in to the house one by one, but Alyssa and Lexie made it through the whole night and parted as sworn pen pals for life in the morning, which reminds me...I have to mail the letter Alyssa has stuck to the fridge.

Anyway, while the kids played the adults chatted until Kory went to bed at about 10:00. She is a marathon runner and gets up at 4:30 to train, and she is pregnant with child #5...makes me feel a bit lazy. When she left I went in to the room to read so the boys could catch up. Seth came in at almost 1:00 AM. I am glad we were able to stop in so he could grab a quick catch up session with his BFF and it was fun to see the whole gang in person. Thanks for welcoming us in to your home, and Kory, you do a wonderful job blogging about your children. I felt like I already knew all of them and if you are still interested in a prearranged marriage for Logan and Alyssa in about 15 years, I am in. He really is as kind and friendly as you describe him to be. And while we are arranging marriages, we can match up a few of our other kids too if you'd like. I'd be happy to have any of them in my family.

Here are all the kids at the beginning of the trampoline sleepover...Alex, Chloe, Gabe, Hailey, Logan, Lexie and Alyssa
Photobucket
I am sure they thought I was a total dork for sticking a camera in their face before I left them alone, but I had to get a picture of the boys.
Photobucket

Thanks again Esquibels! I hope it is not another 8 years before we see each other again and if you are ever out this way you are always welcome here.

0 comments: