CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Good Times Monday

On Monday, July 23rd Seth worked in the Salt Lake office so I spent the day with his sisters and his dad. We started out at the Tracy Aviary in Liberty Park, which was a bust. Not enough birds and for sure not enough interactive stuff to keep the kids interested. The kids were hot and bored so we looped the Aviary pretty quickly and then stayed at Liberty Park and picnicked by the splash pad. The kids played a little bit but still didn't seem overjoyed so Liz took us to a different part of the park where they had a water model of the valley. They had concrete replicas of all the rivers, streams and lakes in the valley and the kids wore out the day playing in it. 10 points for Auntie Liz!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Monday evening everyone else was busy so we were able to snag a little one on one time with Grandpa Bob. We headed down to Temple Square and watched the Joseph Smith movie, took some pictures and then went across the street to check out the new giant outdoor mall, City Creek Center, where  we enjoyed dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and dessert at Kneader's. It was another great day in Salt Lake City!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Val said...

That park with the water model looks cool!

Are you guys still on the road?

Jen said...

Bummer about the bird sanctuary. We took our relatives to the zoo on Monday, and I was a little disappointed at how little there is there. But then while we were hanging out at Mike's office for a few I saw that they had baby tigers there. We didn't see the baby tigers, so I think we must've missed an entire section. Oh well:( Beautiful pictures in front of the temple. Wait a second, is that YOU in a DRESS on a day other than Sunday?!? That must be a long lost sister or something because I know you would NEVER wear a dress without having to (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

Julie L said...

The water park does sound fun. I'm not a super big fan of the aviary. I agree - pretty small. But everything else you did just looks like some great memory building times!

Seth and Julie said...

Val, Still on the road. In Douglas, WY tonight and on to SD tomorrow. Home on Sunday.

Jen, I like dresses and skirts this summer for some reason. Could be because my jeans are all a little tight in the butt right now.