CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Giddy Up to Browne Lake

Alright, I am up to Sunday, August 5th, so just one week of our trip left to cover.

Sunday morning we left Cedar City and took the long and winding road up to Browne Lake (near Vernal, UT) to camp with Ann and Tony for a few days. Turns out that taking the scenic route was a bad idea. The constant winding of the roads made both of our girls sick and we had some puking from both of them. Thankfully they both gave us enough notice so that we could pass them a cup, but we did end up stopping a lot so we did not get to camp until almost dinner time.

We had a relaxing first night, Seth took the kids to fish on Browne Lake for a few minutes, we had dinner and of course ended the night with a campfire, and the kids were even excited to go to bed in their super cool bedroom in Grandma and Grandpa's trailer.

On Monday morning we headed off to Spirit Lake for more fishing. The fish were biting two seconds after each cast so the kids didn't even have to be patient. It was raining so I didn't dare take the camera out, but don't worry they fished again on Tuesday.

On Monday afternoon we headed to Red Canyon Lodge for a horseback ride. Did you know that I love horses? I do. I even went to equestrian camp for two summers (5th and 6th grade) where I was assigned a horse to care for and ride all week. I know I am usually grossed out and afraid of animals, but not horses. I hadn't ridden since I was in college so it was a lot of fun to get up on a horse again, and it was the first time my kids have gone on a real horseback ride, you know, where they weren't in a stable or attached to a chain.

We rode along the edge of the canyon and had awesome views. Normally I am also afraid of heights but I wasn't. I trusted the horse to keep me safe.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Poor Chloe is watching us ride off. She was too little to ride.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Notice that I am actually in these pictures? I didn't want to ride with the camera so I passed it off to Seth.
Photobucket

Photobucket
See how we would walk right along the edge? 1900 feet to the bottom.
Photobucket
The guide even had us turn around and back up to the edge so he could take our picture.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Seth took about 7 million pictures of just me. My stirrups were not even at all, and my horse was "a handful" according to the guide so I had to really kick to keep her moving and the longer stirrup hit the front of my ankle every time I kicked and left a huge bump and bruise. My fault. I should have made him fix the stirrups and I still loved every minute of my ride.
Photobucket
Chloe was going to go on a paddle boat ride while we were gone but she decided that she wanted to ride too. She was too little to ride alone and they did not allow her to ride double but the guide walked next to her and took her on a quick ride when we got back.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The stable rides are for little kids but she would not go without grandma so Ann mounted up and went along. I like how Tony is also taking a picture in the background of my picture.
Photobucket
Sorry that Chloe's horse is showing a little too much skin in this next one.


Photobucket

After our ride we had dinner at the Flaming Gorge Lodge and then sent the kids back to the trailer with Grandma and Grandpa. Seth rented a cabin for the two of us at Red Canyon Lodge for the night.

We took a walk on the sunset trail and went to ask someone to take our picture but as we approached them they announced that they had to move on because the viewing point was getting too crowded and their time was up. So they ran off and we were stuck with a do it yourself shot.

Photobucket
It's hard to see the view with the fence so here is what it looked like from over the fence. No,I did not climb over, just held the camera up.
Photobucket

It was a lovely day and it was also nice to have a date night with Seth. Thanks Ann and Tony!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Well, this is no fair. Your kids officially have more horseback riding experience than my kids, and we live across the street from a horse farm and even have some of those horses in one of our pastures. Mimi will love seeing these pictures. It looks you guys had a fun time, although I'm surprised to see that you actually rode a horse? Without hyperventilating? It's nice to see a picture of just you and Seth for once.

Katie and Mark said...

Wow! Every post looks amazing. What a great vacation. That will definitely be a summer to remember. I LOVE that you love horses. I'm not sure whether I knew that or not. Forget the dog! Get a horse. ;)

Beautiful views and a date? Sounds perfect!

Cheryl said...

From beaches to horseback riding on the mtns. Lucky!!