But...I am very grateful for a school district that offers such a fantastic music program. The school district I grew up in had band, but a pretty cruddy one and no orchestra at all. There were 1200 kids participating in the Orchestra Festival and it is pretty awesome to see that many kids in one place playing instruments, and what's more is that they actually play them really well. Everything sounded amazing, well, except for the MC who nearly induced sleep in between each song but the music, seriously impressive.
I am actually thinking of taking Alyssa out of the public school system for Middle School and sending her to either a charter school or Wisconsin Virtual Academy (online) but she would lose her free music lessons so I am torn. Luckily I still have one more year to think about that.
In the meantime, let's have a look at the festival. As my pictures will reflect, I enjoyed watching Alyssa chit chat with the boy next to her every bit as much as I enjoyed the music. This is her friend, Jason who we run into everywhere we go. They are always in the same class, they had summer music lessons together, we see him all over town and even ran into him way up in Green Bay last summer. Just to be sure I don't embarrass her, she tells me that he is her buddy and she DOES NOT have a crush on him but they always look very happy to run into each other and she was not sitting by him in rehearsal Saturday morning but somehow managed to end up sharing a music stand with him that night.
Hey, want to talk to me?
Stop looking at the camera. (I confirmed later that this is exactly what she was saying during this shot)
6 comments:
SO, there's another online option. I'm going this route with Anthony next year. I've loved WIVA and will sing praises except for a few things... so we're going to do Kenosha E-school. They stay in the district, have access to orchestra and still get the great options of online.
Keep checking things out, charter schools are great options too. Keep e-school on your radar though.
I love that you totally see her reactions to your picture taking! I love taking pictures of Emma, but I felt just like Alyssa when my parents took pictures of me as a kid. I guess it's just part of being a kid (or a parent)!
How nice to see Alyssa's viola in action. She looks adorable with her crush...ahem I mean buddy. I didn't know your plans for Alyssa next year. I think I know why, but I'd love to hear about what her options are. The girls don't have an orchestra in school either. Annie even asked her teacher at what age she gets to choose her instrument, and the teacher looked at her like she was talking crazy. Poor Annie. She really does love music. She's still loving piano and practicing and progressing a lot. Her teacher is wonderful! The teacher is actually a full time music teacher in the Watertown school district, so she's got an actual degree in music teaching. Can't ask for anything better than that.
LOL, that she was watching you take pictures and saying all that stuff. Does she like that wolf boy? Or was she just trying to ignore her mom?
I'm so impressed at all your kids talents. I need to get on the bandwagon and start some musical instrument lessons!
I think she seemed more interested in that boy than her instrument
Oooooooooo...Jaaaaasssonnn! Haha, had to do it! I love that she wanted the shirt, that last pic cracks me up!
Post a Comment