CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Goodness

It took until mid-January but it finally snowed. So much for that "brutal winter" that was predicted for our area. This has been the mildest winter in my 7 years here and believe me I am NOT in the least bit upset that the predictions were wrong. Seth was happy to finally use the snow blower though and since he had Friday and Monday off, Chloe decided she wanted daddy on snow play duty. I was happy to sit this one out, but I did manage to run out and snap a couple pictures.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That snowball in the air hit my tummy
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
In other weekend news, our first Beehive of the year, Jaci turned 12. I am so excited about slowly collecting back my Primary kiddos. We decided to have all the Beehives meet at the YW presidents (Raylene) house and then me and Jess would go kidnap Jaci and bring her back for a little party. We didn't know if the girls would have fun with us old ladies or want to get out of there, but we were having so much fun that when parents started to call and ask about retrieving their kids at 8:30 they begged to stay until at least 10:00. We were happy to stay later and even more happy that they were having a good time.

Jessica took lots of pictures and I intend to steal them from her blog when she posts them. Don't forget that you promised not to post anything horrifyingly ugly of me Jess. Until then here are the cookies I took along. Yes I piped the frosting messy and yes I was embarrassed about it. The first batch got trashed because they were even messier.
Photobucket
I actually got the idea from these cute fingernails I saw on Pinterest.
Photobucket
I have to admit that I LOVE my new calling. Yes I know you are all probably laughing as you recall my posts of sheer devastation about leaving Primary. I still miss Primary. I am getting better though. I can now walk my kids the the Primary room without breaking down. I did have a sad moment at the Great to be 8 fireside for Alex's class. Sometimes I still feel like that is my world and someone tore me from it without warning or consent, but I love the Beehives. And I love being low man on the totem pole. I don't need to be in leadership. I don't mind the work that comes with it, but I don't like to have to ask for help from other people or be responsible for other people. I love just having a job that I can sink my teeth into without all the worry about what everyone else is or isn't doing. I only have to teach twice a month and go to one Tuesday night activity, and sometimes other fun stuff like the kidnapping party. Easy peasy. And SO. MUCH. FUN!

Alright I better go get ready for church. I will be wearing Alyssa's dangly Green Bay earrings and check out my nails.
Photobucket
I know I have grandma hands. It's genetic and they have looked like that since birth.
Photobucket
So excited for the game tonight! Did you see the SF game last night? That was awesome!!!

Did you know that our Alex is loosely named after Alex Smith? Okay so he is not exactly named after him but Alex Smith was on fire in UT when we had Alex and since we were fans it put the name Alex on our radar. Funny that he wears number 11 and Alex was born on 11-11. So anyway, we want to win today BAD and then go on to beat SF but if we can't win the whole shebang again, then I hope it is SF, and if not them, I'll take the Michael Oher and the Ravens please. But if it's not too much trouble, I would LOVE to freeze my can off at Lambeau again celebrating another Superbowl victory.

Go Pack Go!!!

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great idea to kidnap the new beehives. So fun! If you ever want to use it I have a beehive cupcake pan.
I am glad Jaci has such fun people in YW but I will miss her in activity days!
I agree this has been the mildest winter and we were expecting such craziness! I got to use our snowblower for the first time. Fun.

Katie and Mark said...

I'm happy to hear that you got snow-and that it has been mild! :) Your cookies are adorable! I can't even believe you referenced being embarassed by those. I would be SO proud if I made those! They look awesome. I went to my new ward last week (we moved the week before Chriatmas), and I can't help but wonder where I'll be placed. I'm kinda' crossing my fingers for Jr. Primary-or maybe even Nursery.

As for football, I haven't even watched a single game. I have heard that the Super Bowl is coming up soon though so I better watch something soon. *I love your nails too!*

Tony and Ann said...

So what's wrong with granny hands?? Did you actually paint the bee on or was it some sort of transfer?? you are so talented! Why don't you move out here and take over our (well, they are still MY) beehives??

Julie L said...

Snow pictures are darling! Love the Alex throwing the snowball one. I can almost feel the cold air with that zinger. We have had no snow (well, a dusting that didn't count) yet. The mountains are almost bare. Weird after last year's record setting amounts.

But we are promised more tomorrow. So tempting to do the Chloe thing and make snow angels all over the lawn if it does!

Brian and Tonya said...

Super cute. I'm with you on the mild winters. They are find by me.

Cute beehive party too.

And go San Fransisco!!! And go Green Bay (I'm watching the game as I type this.)

Seth and Julie said...

Katie, Where did you move to? Are you still in Vegas or did you head back to California? I hope you landed in a good ward. If you want to be in Nursery all you have to do is ask. That calling gets turned down all the time so I bet they would love a volunteer.

Sally said...

We finally got sow also, and I was actually excited because the kids were able to go sledding finally. Your nails look so great!

Katie and Mark said...

Julie-We are still in Vegas. We just moved about 5-10 minutes from our old house. So far, my ward seems great. You're right! I should mention the nursery thing. Since my baby is almost four, I wouldn't mind going and being "Mommy" for all the Nursery babies. :)

Val said...

Those cookies are so AWESOME!! I also love that pic of the girls on the sled...it looks like something out of a magazine.

Did you paint your nails in that tie-dye way from Pinterest? Your "grandma hands" look exactly like mine, only skinnier (just like the rest of us)!

Unknown said...

It's crazy how cold snow is but yet how many smiles you can have playing in the snow. If only shoveling the walks was as much fun as playing in it.

Thought of you on Sunday when Mike said he didn't care who to cheer for...I said better cheer for Seth and Julie's team. Love the nails!

Jen said...

Sorry for the delay on commenting, been sick and busy up here. Wow, I'm impressed with your craftiness and naili paintiness. That's awesome! Glad your kids finally got some real snow time.