Let's start where we stopped. Christmas Eve.
It looked very much like other Christmas Eves.
We enjoyed or traditional Clam Chowder and shrimp cocktail, by candlelight.
Then it was off to look at Christmas lights one last time.
Next up we were treated to a few Christmas songs on the viola, but Alyssa made me promise not to post videos here.
Each child selected one present from under the tree to open.
Alyssa carried this tiny box around all day and it turned out to be a booklight from Grandma Ann, which she correctly guessed, meant that she would be getting books from Grandma in the morning.
Al chose his gift from Alyssa, a Star Wars lego watch and a $1 needle toy that has been one of the most played with gifts in the whole house.
Our new cookie plate from Grandma Susie.
And finally we read the Book of Mormon account of the birth of Christ and the kids got this years candles to keep lit in their rooms for the night. Don't worry they look like real candles but they are really LED lights. If any of this sounds new to you, then just browse around in the archives and the ghosts of Christmas past will help it all make sense.Nothing new this year (oh, except for the viola actually), but I love our Christmas Eve traditions and they feel special to me every time.
2 comments:
Christmas Eve is so magical! I agree- no matter how often you do the traditions they never get old!
Abi saw that Lalaloopsy house and wanted it. I had to remind her of the one I made her and say uh no.
What a sweet set of Christmas Eve traditions you've made together. But now I'm mad at you for craving shrimp cocktail at the moment.
Post a Comment