Then there was Alyssa who decided what to be based on her desire to purchase and then wear a Bumpit, and the hope that I would let her wear eyeliner. She found a costume that she convinced me would not work unless I granted these two little wishes.
And Chloe, well she has been walking around for two months flapping her wings and saying bock, bock, bock as she geared up for her new look.
So what were they?
Take a look...
Alex was Bumblebee, not to be confused with a bumblebee, although that created quite a laugh when my sister thought I was dressing an almost 5 year old boy in a little bumblebee unitard with a stinger and an antenna headband. He was not that kind of bee, but rather the Transformer. I really fought him on this one. I don't like costumes that cover their faces. I even offered to buy him Bumblebee for dress up and get him something else for Halloween but he wanted this costume. So here it is...
No we will not be spray painting his hair again. They can't wear masks at church so we painted his hair so he would look more disguised. Tomorrow we will just use the mask.
This is Alyssa posing like the girl on the package the costume came in.
The Bumpit was a challenge for someone as hair handicapped as myself, especially since Alyssa has really fine hair but I think she looked so cute and we actually pulled it off. I thought I was going to let her down for a minute there.
Now for Chloe, our little chicken. This may not be the monkey costume but for $14 it is pretty dang cute, and really warm and cozy too. Plus, the little wing flap action is truly adorable. I will share it if I manage to capture it on video.
We were a bit late to the trunk or treat, since we were spray painting children so we landed at the end of a really long line for balloon animals. The trunk or treating started and I tried to get my kids out of line. The older kids tend to get around 5 times before we get to two cars so I knew the candy would be gone if they didn't act fast. They wanted their balloon animals though, so we waited. Once they were equipped with their balloons they headed out to the parking lot. The candy was pretty much gone. We got candy from about 4 cars, everyone else was out. This year it is no big deal though, because we are going real live trick or treating tomorrow!
Which means you will be seeing these same children in these same costumes again. Lucky you!
And even though we came home with very little candy in our buckets, Chloe did come home with one fun little treasure. She has the beginning of a little barking cough and a fever of 102. I find this a little funny, in a not funny kind of way, because the other day I was talking about how my kids had never had a high temperature. My sister's little boy had a temp of 104 for 6 days and she was telling me how she was afraid to sleep. I told her none of my kids ever run a fever, so Luke sent his germs all the way from California to share with her. Thanks Luke, we'll take a treat instead of a trick next year. It looks like me and Chloe may be sitting out of the Halloween party we are supposed to attend tomorrow night.
At least we got to see that cute little chicken once. She even remembered to tell everyone trick or treat.
See you tomorrow for more Halloween fun!
16 comments:
Well, you know how Luke LOVES to cause mischief...even in the form of cross country germ spreading. He gave it to me right here at home and now I'm sick! Poor Chloe. Motrin works best for breaking the fever and also covering them in damp cloths(or a lukewarm bath).
As for the costumes....so flipping CUTE! Al's costume cracks me up for some reason, I do like his sprayed hair. Alyssa has the prettiest face I have ever seen. Chloe stole the show though...as usual. I honestly like the chicken suit better than the costly monkey. Those pictures make me want to pick her up and squeeze her little chicken head off!!! Extreme, I know...ha ha!
By the way...Dave thought Alyssa was a geisha! He also thought Chloe looked like Luke and loved the chicken suit.
They all looked so cute last night. Alyssa looked natural in that hair.. I think it is so funny that she wanted a bumpit. She definately is an infomercials best friend isn't she? I've wondered if those things work.
Great costumes as usual.
Your kids are so stinking cute! I can't believe it! I love their costumes. I think Alex looks cute with dark hair!! Alyssa makes me laugh with the bumpit! Liz wants one, so it really works huh? Also, I can't wait until you see E's costume!!
Emily, I already heard that E and Chloe had the same costume from your dad. My friend's daughter had the same costume last night too. It was so cute and cheap that I am surprised we didn't have a whole coop full of chickens.
Julie, would it shock you to know that I had no idea what a bumpit was until I read your post? I had to use contextual clues to figure out it is something to help shape your hair bun, right? I got it, right??? Help out your poor cousin if I got it wrong. Ok, that Alyssa, way way way too pretty for a child. For a second I thought a bumpit might be false eyelashes, but nope, those are really hers, aren't they? Please lock doors at night and slap some braces on her when she turns sixteen to help shoo the boys away.
Oh, and I'll definitely post my pie in a bag recipe for you. It's the cinchiest one; the kids make it every year because it has a pat in crust. Happy Halloween to you and yours!
Fun! Cute! and Terrific! Have a great day!
Your trick-or-treaters are ADORABLE!! Thanks for posting pictures from the event. It killed me to miss it last night! I was as sad about it as the ones who were stuck home.
Erin, you guessed it! The Bumpit creates that big back combed looking bump on your head. So silly!
Funny that you mentioned braces because I was just telling Seth that Alyssa is about to lose her top teeth and will then look awkward for 10 years until we get through the braces years. She looks very much like a Renouf, doesn't she?
I am so excited for that pie recipe!
Very cute costumes. I love the Japanese princess, we will have to bring her some japanese treasures.
Be careful with Chloe's bark. I was on the phone with 911 last night as I rushed Olive to the ER with croup. She couldn't breathe on our way there. Very scary. If she's still "barking" take her to see someone today. It's ALWAYS tons and tons worse at 1:30am when they can't breathe. Also, let her sleep in your room.
I'm sorry to scare you. Last night I just thought Olive might stop breathing before we could help her.
Wow you go all out, I would have called both kids good without the spray paint but it does add the extra touch. Jack was a chicken last year! love that warm costume!
Sarah, YIKES! Sounds like a scary night! How is Olive today? Chloe is actually perfect today. We came home and she coughed a little bit and it sounded kind of deep, like croup. We gave her Motrin for the fever which came down in about an hour and never came back. I never heard a single cough overnight and no coughing or fever today either. Weird! It was chilly and really windy at trunk or treat so I am wondering if that caused it? We are supposed to go to a Halloween party tonight and I don't know what to do????
Can I just say that Alyssa is so beautiful (of course all your kids are) but everytime I look at her I keep thinking I need to reserve her for Logan after his mission.
LOVE it!! We put Sara in the twinner chicken costume tonight to go out in since it was like 35 here--were you freezing, too? And Margie thinks the 50s are cold now? Ha! I'll have to post my millions of pictures! I love kids in costumes, I think we should do it a few times a year!
Loved the kids' costumes. You did a great job on Alyssa's bump-it and the rest of her ensemble. Chloe was definitely a cute chicken, and Alex's hair is a crack-up. Glad you guys finally made it out last night...I was worried that you guys decided not to come.
OK, phew, I'm glad I got the bumpit. Because bumpit, you know, it could be something obscene. Thank goodness it is just a harmless hair accessory. Yep, your little girl does look like a Renouf, except the gorgeous flawless version. She really is a beauty!
Post a Comment