CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snuggie LOVE

If you haven't read my last post (Do you want a Snuggie?) be sure to read that one first.

Not more than an hour after Alyssa expressed her desire for a Snuggie, her daddy (who apparently lives around her finger) was asking me where he could get one. I told him I saw one at the grocery store and he said he was going to go look for it. Just ten minutes earlier he had told Alyssa she would get $1 for cleaning the basement and she could do some other projects until she earned it.

Why the sudden urgency? Oh because Alyssa is very persuasive. She was quoting him fun facts from the infomercial and batting her eyes and NO ONE can resist Alyssa's charm. Seriously, you try.

So Alyssa is now a proud Snuggie owner. As soon as she got it she made sure to tell us it was just as warm and cozy as the ad promised it would be, and that it was also perfect for kids and adults. All said in her cheesy infomercial voice.

After a few minutes of Snuggie bliss she said she needed a sandwich. When I said she didn't need a sandwich because it was almost bedtime she reminded me that, "The snuggie keeps your hands free for eating. It's perfect for s'mores outdoors." You might think I am making all of this up but if you know Alyssa then you can probably picure her saying all of this silly stuff.

Then when it was time for bed, Alyssa quickly pretended to be asleep on the couch in hopes that we would leave her there in Snuggie heaven. How do I know she wasn't really sleeping? Because when I got the camera out to take a picture she was facing the back of the couch and she promptly turned to face the camera, all while keeping her eyes closed and trying not to grin.

Alright feel free to criticize our parenting and call our kids spoiled now. It is just so fun to see our kids smile that we can't help it sometimes.


How did I ever live with just a plain old blanket?

Hallelujah for the Snuggie!

Fake sleeping

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always think of Alyssa when I see the Snuggie commercial. She is the one who told me about it..."it's called a Snuggie." She is so funny!

Kory Jane said...

We were just laughing at that commercial earlier today. Josh was commenting on how you should just wear a sweatshirt if you are cold. Have you tried the Snuggie?

Cheryl said...

That's great. I thought you could only get them through the infomercial. How funny.

The Kindle Family said...

Yeah, it was a joke at my parents house at Christmas in VA. But then I found out my mom is having a Hysterectomy among other things that will be done, and I though it would laughingly come in handy :)

Heather said...

Have to admit, it does look pretty comfy! Good for her for stickin to her guns!

Brittney said...

this is the best 2 part post of all time. I had to read the whole thing to Andy. Mostly because I have been telling him for awhile now that I am going to get him a snuggie from the ABC Catalog. And I think it was good parenting, I would have done the same

kelly said...

next she will be running in with the number for mighty putty... I think she di want that first.

Me said...

I have been tempted to dial that number. Try it out and let me know if it is worth it.

Sally said...

Oh my goodness I am dying right now. We were just making fun of that infomercial yesterday.

Katelin's family said...

Seth is such a pushover! :o) But I don't think it's bad parenting when your kids know you love to make them smile. This is hysterical!

Team Ryan said...

YAY she got it! So now we need a post on her thoughts on it... does she love it, or WHAT?