CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 20, 2009

Sophistication and Sabotage

Sophisticated?

Okay so a few of you called me sophisticated after my last post. WOW! I never thought I would fit that bill. I have read a lot but I don't consider myself super bright and certainly not sophisticated although don't worry, the suggestion didn't offend me.

I just like to read, that's all. I have read plenty of unsophisticated garbage. Once upon a time my favorite author was VC Andrews. I think I read the Flowers in the Attic series 5 times in its entirety.

Also, some of my most cherished books are Children's Literature. That was my favorite class in college because I got to sit and read children's fiction all day. I love Newbery Award books and I plan to own all of them in hardcover someday. I know they are written for 10 year olds but I have never stopped loving them.

I just like words. I like to talk. I like to read and I like to write. I fantasize about being a writer someday. Just a childhood dream that I could never quite shake but I know that the reality is that I am just a HUGE fan of the art.

Sabotoged!

And now for Seth's sabotage of my "look hot for the Dells plan". I thought we were going to Wisconsin Dells in late April or early May but Seth and his buddies just decided on March 12th. I don't think 2 weeks is enough time to get bathing suit ready so I am going to have to go with the fake tan look instead.

I thought about using this as a way to abandon my get in shape plan. I also considered my exhaustion from caring for sick children all week as a suitable out but I am trying to stick with it. Honestly, if I give in to my excuses this week I will find replacement excuses next week. So I've been on the treadmill twice and at the bar once. I still have to do each one, one more time this week. It looks like I will be pulling double duty tomorrow to stay on track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were SO obsessed with the Flower in the Attic gang. I'm more of a Boxcar Children kind of a gal myself...ha ha!

As for the Dells, you look fine! Just be sure to wear those "sugar daddy" and "hottie" board shorts!

Katelin's family said...

Yay, Julie!! You have to stay on track with me, because I can't do it alone--I started that 8 week plan after my bday (Sep 25th) and I am still stuck on week 5, so I think I need a little help! Or a lot. I want to try your ballet bar some time. I totally agree that we probably will not look much different by the Dells, but we can still keep working, right?