CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Momma's Boy



Seth has obtained some very wonderful attributes from his mother (who acquired them from her mom, aka Grandma Loveridge). They are all three very even-tempered. You must have done something really wrong if you can get them to yell.

They are all very generous and thoughtful as well. If they know that you like something they will shower you with it for a lifetime. And if there is something you need they always notice and it will magically show up.

I LOVE that Seth takes after these two amazing women...but...along with all of their best qualities Seth is also the heir to one little quirk.

They are all total suckers for a "good deal". I am not sure any of them can go into a store and come out empty handed, at least I have never seen it. They also love to show you what they found and tell you what a good deal it was.

So, the other day Seth came home with chocolate shot glasses. Now, you all know we don't drink, right? I am still trying to figure out what to do with a dozen chocolate shot glasses...?

After I laughed in confusion I asked Seth why he couldn't resist the little chocolate cuties. Of course, it was because they were only a dollar.

So, here is a lesson for my other shopaholics. If something that you don't need, or even have a use for is only a dollar, and you buy it because it is usually $2...don't come home claiming that you saved a dollar. You actually wasted a dollar.

Alright, I could not help teasing Seth but in reality I do love all three of my shoppers just the way they are and I have even been the recipient of lots of cool stuff over the years because of their bargain hunting so I guess I don't really want them to change. It is too fun to see what they will come up with next.

If anyone has been searching desperately for chocolate shot glasses, let me know.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Yum! Why not? Its less dishes to clean up. Shouldnt all dinnerwear be edible?

Team Ryan said...

C'mon dessert queen... I know there has to be SOME little treat that you could use those little glasses for! Let us know what you end up doing with them!

Brittney said...

I have seen these a lot in the ABC Distributing Catalog. You make desserts in them. I think they look yummy.
And Andy is the same way, he says but it's 85% off. Yes Andy it is, but it still costs a $100 that we don't have.

Seth and Julie said...

Okay, you're right? They look yummy and chocolate will not go to waste in our house but doesn't anyone else find it amusing??? I guess not.

Brittney said...

amusing it is. Every time I see them I think they look yummy, but I have never and would never buy them. What the heck would I do with them? I don't cook, maybe I could fill them with cool-whip and then put sprinkles on top.

Tony and Ann said...

Seth--WHERE DID YOU GET THEM??? DO THEY HAVE ANY MORE??? WILL THEY SHIP TO WYOMING???

Mom

Katelin's family said...

I loved this! I remember when I realized that buying something with a coupon does not automatically save you money (as my Mom had ingrained in me) unless of course it was something that you were already going to buy and needed.

Anonymous said...

I think Seth was drunk when he bought them! Dave shops the same way though.