In order of annoyance.
1- Toilet lids that are left up (put down the seat AND the lid)
2- Anything on my kitchen counter.
3- Bare feet
4- Laundry...dirty laundry bugs me because it expects me to wash it and clean laundry is worse because it wants to be folded and put away.
5- My will power. Why can't I make cookies without eating a dozen in an hour?
6- Video Games. I hate video games and I am especially annoyed when grown men sit and play all day. If it is your hobby, fine. I like blogging, you like games. But when you sit for 10 hours and never contribute in your home, YOU BUG! (No, I am not talking to anyone specific, and just FYI Seth doesn't play...PHEW!)
7- Freedom of Speech? If you are liberal you are encouraged to speak your opinion and even make fun of "the Christian Right" if you so desire. But if you are conservative you can't speak up because you are being judgemental. I could tangent on that one but I won't.
8- When the doorbell, phone, screaming children, flushing toilets or ANYTHING else wakes up my baby.
9- The notion that blue eyes are somehow better than other eyes. When people tell me how lucky I am that Chloe got blue eyes I get so mad. What about my two horribly unfortunate children that got green and brown eyes? All eyes are beautiful and I am glad we got a variety in our home. Alyssa has asked me before why she can't have blue eyes like a princess. Our society is warped.
10- When people ask me, "Are they real?"
No, not those. I think it is pathetically obvious that those are real. I am talking about my siblings.
When I tell people how many siblings I have they often ask me if they are all real? I have to clench my fists to keep from swinging and bite my tongue to keep from saying, "Oh no, actually two of them are mannequins and one is imaginary." What is that supposed to mean, are they all real? Of course they are!
Once my sisters friend even said that Kristen was just "kind of an aunt" to Alyssa because me and Kristen are just "half-sisters". No dummy, she is Alyssa's aunt and she is 100% completely my sister. I hate the term half-sister or half-brother. I understand that genetically we only share one parent but that does not cut our relationship in half. Even if we were adopted and didn't share any DNA we have been siblings our entire life so please don't suggest that my relationships are somehow less authentic than yours just because my parents got divorced.
If someone tells you that someone is their sister, brother, Mom, Dad, etc., don't ask them for pedigree charts and blood samples. Don't make people qualify their relationships. It is rude.
And if you haven't done this tag yet...YOU'RE IT!
Second Week of School
3 years ago
3 comments:
I so hear you about the video game thing (thank Goodness Ryan doesnt do it either!) And stuff on the counter...I also hate, but its inevidable. The kids always dump their papers, toys, crayons, books etc. there. Its impossible to keep clear for a whole day! Boy, this tag is sure reminding me of all the more things I hate!
Guess who's back??
I totally thought you were talking about your boobs with the "are they real" gripe. Of course, I hate that too...but some people don't get it. I also HATE that libs can say anything and conservative people cannot!
I don't get the toilet seat complaint though, I would rather the lid be up cause I am lazy.
Also, I will add that I HATE when toddlers pour coffee over brand new laptops...that always sucks, ha ha!
Post a Comment