This is his first phase. They have been pulling teeth and trying to use spacers for two years now to avoid doing braces twice, but nothing worked and so here we are. Not only does he get the pleasure of having braces twice, but we get to go through the pain of paying for them twice. He has that expander with the key that has to be turned every day, and I think that is the hardest thing for him to get used to. He has been a really good sport about pain and discomfort. He has cut up his lips a few times and he has asked for Tylenol once or twice, but he hasn't complained at all. He does have a heck of a time eating and talking though.
And since we are looking at Alex, let's talk about Alex since the girls each had updates on here recently. Alex took Art lessons for a couple months, but they were pretty lousy. Where do you find good art classes? He took them through Young Rembrandts. The teacher would show them a picture and they were to replicate it exactly. That is not what he was looking for so we moved on. I found a place downtown that offered art workshops on the weekends so I signed him up for a couple and then got there to find out they were canceled for low enrollment.
I like my kids to have some kind of sport or hobby to keep them busy, so we are on the lookout for a new opportunity. He has started going to the driving range with Seth and he is enjoying that, so golf may be our next endeavor. My kids never choose the cheap sports, do they? I guess the good thing about golf in Wisconsin though is that it cannot be done year round, so we will not have to pay for it year round.
Can anyone else think of an awesome new thing for him to try? Seth was thinking some kind of Lego or robot club, but I haven't found anything.
5 comments:
Ouch! BUT yay for one day straight teeth. I'm afraid we are soon to be paying monthly and yearly visits to the ortho as well! I'm on the look out for Art lessons also--it is hard to find. And golf is expensive way to think of the positive in the situation!
What a trooper to not be complaining about his braces.
I remember wishing I could have them when I was a kid because all of my friends were getting them. But now I think they seem so painful.
If you could find a Lego club or robot club I bet he would LOVE those.
What a great smile!! Miss you guys so much!
I'm pretty sure braces are in Emma's future, sooner than I'd like. I sympathize with Alex. He is a great sport for not complaining. I had braces for 6 years and it wasn't fun. Love that he chose green and gold elastics. Not surprising at all. =) Emma has been interested in art lately too, and I have no idea where to take her. I sort of looked into Young Rembrandts, but they didn't have anything that really seemed to fit. Now I'm glad we didn't go with them - sounds kinda boring. You'll have to let me know if you happen to find anything Alex really loves by way of art.
LOVE him!!!
Post a Comment