CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 9, 2014

Beautiful Ballerina

This feels like the old days when I used to blog every day, or close to it. Just one more thing to show you though. Chloe's ballet recital. In theory, Chloe loves dance. She dances all the time, but getting her to dance class is a fight every week. Thankfully her BFF Kayleigh is in the same class so that helps. I would have let her drop out mid-year but we had to pay for recital costumes at the beginning of the year and since she had the costume I was not going to quit until it had been worn on stage.

Her number was to an instrumental version of Spoonful of Sugar and thankfully she actually danced. Some days she just stands there. She did look at Kayleigh a couple times to remind her of the next step but they looked adorable and she left with a whole new energy for the sport. She now wants to take ballet and jazz next year. We'll see if she still feels that way in the fall? I didn't get any pictures of anyone but the girls, but Dan came up to cheer her on with Seth and I. Alex and Alyssa opted out. Last year the show was very long and they did not have fond memories. Whatever, it saved me the cost of two tickets. This year the show moved a little more quickly and we had church friends in 3 other numbers so that helped to hold our interest.

While it is very difficult to take pictures of my camera shy Alyssa, it is so easy to take them of Chloe.

I don't know what this pose it, but since she threw it, I shot it. As always, all poses are courtesy of Chloe's quirky little mind.
 photo 020_zps0ff2f0dc.jpg
 photo 025_zpsdaaf6c16.jpg
 photo 026_zps0d195f2e.jpg
 photo 029_zpsbea9c397.jpg

 photo 032_zpsdc1a83f5.jpg 
I have learned that it is easier to make a bun with wet hair. Chloe has actually been dealing with a skin issue behind her ear and it has created a bald spot which you can see here. She has been having it treated for months but it is still spreading. I do hope they get it in check before it gets much worse.
  photo 033_zpsa4164908.jpg
 photo 034_zps0aa4f835.jpg 
This is a pose that Chloe called the turkey and it is my favorite. 
 photo 038_zps3a76c377.jpg 
Kayleigh and Chloe backstage before the show. 
 photo 041_zps5fd82d37.jpg
 photo 044_zps4080bf36.jpg 
We didn't go to picture day so I tried to get a group shot but only half the group was there when I dropped Chloe off. Chloe towered over the kids in her school class in the last post, but she is the shrimp here. She is actually supposed to be in the 5 year old class because she was 5 in September, but she had already done the 5 year old class the previous year since she did not sign up until February that year. Most of these girls are a year older than her, and some are just super tall ballerina girls.
 photo 045_zps57452ea9.jpg 
You can see my friend Holly to the left of the dancers in this one. She was locker room mom. We actually met at book club and then realized that we went to the same dance studio and that our girls were in the same class. I had such fun chatting with her and my friend Kennon (Kayleigh's mom) every Monday. I hope we can all get in the same class again next year.

 photo 047_zpsc000d3db.jpg 
After the show. This picture freaks me out because they look so grown up. I can already see these cute faces all dressed up and heading to a church dance in just a few years. I am just so glad they have each other!
 photo 048_zps526d848d.jpg

6 comments:

Tony and Ann said...

Wish we could have stayed for that. Chloe is adorable!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the recital, although it could have been 10 or so performances shorter. OK, I admit it, once Chloe was done I lost interest. That being said, she was wonderful and there were definite moments where the unexpected (expected?) antics of children made us all laugh.

Cheryl said...

She looks beautiful!
I love those costumes.

Julie L said...

So cute! You're right, she is looking so so grown up!

Val said...

Turkey pose, haha!! I didn't know about the skin/bald spot thing, what the heck?

Katie and Mark said...

The Turkey?!?! I LOVE it. Such an adorable picture. And you are SO right about that final picture. They look so grown up and beautiful!