While I am procrastinating and since I have my computer, let's get going on the CA trip. I need to post more often because just a few posts ago we were in CA for Christmas. Seth decided to send me and the kiddos again for Spring Break since he is going on a hunting trip in October. It was his way of ensuring that I will keep my mouth shut when he starts buying a bunch of gear he doesn't need. I almost declined the offer because I am pathetic and did not want to miss school. Thankfully, my stepdad is a teacher so he understood the importance of attending class and after many attempts to find a location in CA that was on the same semester and in the same age group as me, we finally found one and he drove me over there on Thursday night so that I could maintain my 100% in the grade book.
But that is not that interesting and maybe even a little lame, so let's move on. I did not take too many pictures and never made anyone pose once so you get what you get.
We landed in CA at midnight (so 2 AM) on Friday night/Saturday morning. On Saturday we headed out to Temecula to spend Easter Sunday at Val and Dave's. Val was at work so we picked up her kiddos and took them for a swim at my mom's hotel.
We met up with Val and Dave and went out for dinner and then last minute Easter shopping. We finally got around to dying eggs late Saturday night.
I promise I didn't make any one pose on this trip. This goofball just likes to.
Because we went shopping so late, the Easter section was picked clean...not even a basket to be seen, so we had to get creative.
Yay for living somewhere warm where you can egg hunt outside!
Each kid had a $1 egg with their name on it and there was one golden chick with $5 in it that Alex was lucky enough to find in the treehouse.
Thankfully Valerie did get some confetti eggs a few days in advance before the Easter section was emptied.
After Easter morning Valerie had to work so the rest of us headed back to Seal Beach and she headed up after her shift. My mom and I took the goobers to the beach...they were there on Christmas Day, so why not Easter?
Valerie was not happy that we let them go in to the ocean alone but you know how paranoid I am...I didn't let them go far and once even went in in my jeans and sneakers to tell them to come in closer.
Once my heart could not handle any more ocean induced stress, we headed to the park. Why these oddballs crawled all the way there, I will never know.
Later that night we met up with the rest of the sibs and went out for Easter dinner. And that my friends, is all I have time for right now because skating is about to end and I am still no further along on that dang writing assignment.
3 comments:
Ugh, I'm so sorry I've been missing in action lately. I don't know what's my deal lately, but blogging is the last thing on my mind even though I've got tons to post about. I guess I'm just getting burnt out on it.
Anyway, it looks like you had fun seeing your seesters and ma and all those cousings. I'm sure the kids love getting time with them, too. The weather looks awesome there. I swear, my body is just going to shrivel up from all this wind and cold. I'm pretty sure us humans can only take so many months of it, and my body has expired.
It'd be sweet if you guys could come for another visit. Lots more animals here now, goats (soon goat babies) and now a horse. Oh, don't get me started.
Looks so fun! Glad you got to go, and amazing that you kept your class up, even! That writing assignment ... um, yeah. Will you please, please, please post what you came up with???? I mean the entire letter, not just the topic. Sounds hilarious! (I would probably do something on photoshop, but suspect it would come off really lame.)
That california beach looks so good right now. Wish I was there.
I think you should write your love letter to East of Eden.
Post a Comment