Just back from Spring Break in CA, but I have pictures to load before I can recap the trip. But since I am having a bored with school moment, I am going to waste a few minutes here anyway. Before we went to CA it was finals week for my second semester back at school and the final week of Super in Six.
I finished semester 2 with another 4.0 and I am now on my 3rd and final semester of Pathway. Only 3 more months and I will have earned my right to be an official matriculating BYU-I student. I can't wait! I thought this last semester would be my favorite, because one of my classes is a writing class, but now I am dreading it because one of my assignments is to Skype for 30 minutes a week with an ESL student. Does that sound like something that fits in to my comfort zone to you? It's NOT and it is causing me increasing anxiety by the moment as I sit and wait to see who my speaking partner will be and when we will Skype this week.
As for Super in Six...
I did not go in to it expecting to win, but I certainly went in intending to win. I was on the winning team the first time I played and second overall but I really, really wanted to win this time. I was psychotic, truth be told. You get one freebie bad food per week and I never took it. I worked out 90 minutes a day, not including walking the dog and almost nightly matches of Just Dance with Chloe. We also had weekly bonus challenges this time and I completed all of them, and not only during the week that they were issued, but for the remainder of the 6 weeks. I ate lots of veggies and the final week I ate NOTHING but fruit, veggies and beans. My goal was to lose 10.5 pounds, because that would get me back to my usual weight, although still up 7 from where I ended SIS the first time. I lost 11.5 (Yay!), but came in second AGAIN (Grr!). There were two of us with perfect scores every week this time, but neither of us could take down the winner, who beat us by losing 19.5 pounds. I also got to be team captain this time and annoy a whole group of people for 6 weeks. My team was awesome, even without me annoying them and we won! So in the end my results were the exact same as last year. Winning team, but second individually.
And just because I am positively insane I have just signed up for another mini round called FIF (Fit in Four). No teams, just individuals this time. I don't think I can win this time (even with the few pounds I gained back in CA) but I want to keep up the good habits so why not? It is only 4 weeks.
Now I must go back to school work, but I will load some Cali pics and come back soon. Hopefully this writing class will remind me that I love to write and I will come in here and journal more often.
Second Week of School
3 years ago
4 comments:
Love everything you wrote! I am amazed all that you did, exercise, school, mom, wife, and SIS! Ya Grandma must have needed it more than we did. I'm excited for FIF, I too put on some Spring Break weight and agree if nothing more it keeps me working on what I need to be doing anyways!
It's a good thing I didn't participate... I would have kept your team from winning. I did good on most of the items... but man I could not go without my sugar! Especially while on the road and having access to some very good restaurants with incredible deserts (White Chocolate Grill... uhm... Y U M!)
SIS was so positive for me! Probably would be good to do a percentage weight thing, or something. Because some of you definitely do NOT need to lose weight! But I do, so I'm looking forward to continuing the process. Can't wait to see your California pics!
You crack me up because you seem like the least competitive person I know, but then you go and do this. I went into SIS with a different attitude. It was more about keeping me on track with staying active and eating right. I'm not really in need of losing any weight (just those last 5 pounds that hang on for dear life), but I did lose the 6 before that 5 during SIS (that's the bonus). You were awesome though, and woot woot for 11.5 pounds! I'm still doing pretty well with my eating/activity, but I just didn't have it in me to do another SIS-style program. Good luck with it though!
Post a Comment