CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Packers Family Night 2013

You have seen a variation of this family vacation twice before but here is the 2013 edition of our GBDC (Green Bay/Door County) getaway.

On Saturday, the 3rd we headed up to Green Bay for Packers Family Night and who should we run in to there but Grandma Ann and Grandpa Tony. Okay, so it wasn't entirely coincidental. The last time we made this trip they vowed to come and join us the next time and true to their word, they drove across the country and met us there. They were even dressed in green and gold which made it confusing when Tony kept saying Go Browns! Yep, you have now met the fan of the Cleveland Browns.

 photo 003_zps1e35c96e.jpg
 photo 005_zps6d29da07.jpg
 photo 008_zps7d144c5a.jpg
 photo 007_zpsa1517fbc.jpg
 photo 014_zps03e47f8d.jpg 
Nice tattoo Tony
 photo 015_zps040e3460.jpg 
The engineering students from the local University were building Lambeau Field entirely out of Legos. Alex was obsessed.  And what did he choose from the Pro Shop for his souvenir? A Lego Aaron Rodgers.
 photo 016_zpsfb3f5cb5.jpg
 photo 017_zps648efff6.jpg
 photo 024_zpse5a8e50f.jpg 
Alyssa chose this silly dog.
 photo 026_zpsc3fdf8e7.jpg 
And all Chloe wanted was those green and gold beads. That was about our cheapest trip to the Pro Shop ever, but don't worry, we stopped there again a few days later and properly stocked up for the season.
 photo 027_zpsc48e2d09.jpg
 photo 030_zps3e15c8f5.jpg
 photo 035_zps3091ccf8.jpg
 photo 036_zpsa51202c0.jpg 
The Packers added 7000 new seats since the last time we were there so now you only have to wait 50 years instead of 100 for season tickets. 
 photo 039_zpsfefe0ed1.jpg 
Alex loves to snatch the camera these days so I turn up in pictures now and then.
 photo 040_zps1016506b.jpg 
The plane made a flag and GO PACK GO but it is hard to see in the clouds.
 photo 043_zpsc6a200e5.jpg 
I took a million pics of the team warming up and then realized they weren't going to be all that interesting to look at later. 
 photo 051_zps2ad91be1.jpg 
Do you get extra credit for having green and gold eyes? 
 photo 052_zps65cea38b.jpg 
 photo 054_zps0eeaf511.jpg
 photo 056_zps4cc5438b.jpg 
 photo 058_zpsb9188dec.jpg 

We always have fun at Lambeau! It is fun to see the players and just get caught up in the crowds enthusiasm but since it is just a scrimmage it does lack some of the game day excitement. Now that I have been to a real game I have been spoiled but I think it is a great event for families. And they really do have the best fans ever because when we stopped on our way home there wasn't even an event going on and it was packed with people watching practice or taking tours or shopping or standing in the parking lot hoping to get an autograph.

We are so excited for another season of Packers Football!

7 comments:

Julie L said...

I knew Ann and Tony were going out there, but did not realize this was the reason. How fun is that? Looks like a very fun night for all of you. That watermelon slice looks huge! And the stadium was crammed full for a scrimmage? Wow. No wonder they added that many more new seats.

Seth and Julie said...

Julie, They came for the camping in Door County more than this event but they were good sports and came to play at Lambeau with us as well. The event sold out in an hour... everything the Packers do sells out.

Holly said...

We were there too! So were the Gotberg's and the Bushman's. Maybe others. We all should tailgate together next year. Glad you had a good time. We loved it. Emma was in heaven!

Val said...

Al's tie dye looks so good! I'm also digging Chloe's style and Alyssa's cool new bangs.

Btw...tell Alyssa to knock it off and make herself a dang quesadilla...

Cheryl said...

Fun! I like all of your matching gear. You guys definitely have spirit.

Katie and Mark said...

How nice of them! More great pictures. The kids look great in their Green and Gold. Chloe and the cheesehead is hilarious!

Jen said...

That really looks like a fun time. How cool that Tony and Ann met up with you guys. I'm sure the kids loved spending time with their grandparents. Haha, I never thought about the fact that Alex has green/gold eyes. That's the kind of silly stuff I think of and tell people, then they look at me like I'm crazy. Whatever!