CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer So Far, A Photo Explosion

I don't know that we have done anything particularly new or newsworthy but I feel like I have had a camera in my hand all week so I thought I should dump a few (million) of this week's images here.

We have spent a lot of time in the hammock that came home from Mexico with us. For a few days there I thought the kids would never tire of it and I wouldn't have to plan a single other event for the whole summer.

 photo 026_zpsf6230c08.jpg 
I also snapped quite a few pictures of Alyssa and Bernie this week because I thought they might come in handy as I tried to decorate her new room.
 photo 037_zpsb53046cd.jpg
 photo 038_zps40ac70d1.jpg
 photo 054_zps595350f5.jpg
 photo 056_zpsef96dca5.jpg
 photo 058_zpsecfb6abf.jpg 
Chloe photobombing because she can't stand for anyone else to have attention.
 photo 060_zps553cfd27.jpg
 photo 061_zpsd9402798.jpg
 photo 066_zpsd0b1f519.jpg 
Best Summer Ever! was what was coming out of her goofy mouth in this next shot. 
 photo 222_zps90609507.jpg
 photo 225_zpsc10a6e86.jpg
 photo 226_zps871322be.jpg
 photo 230_zps49609839.jpg
 photo 242_zps37ee0c59.jpg
 photo 248_zps2db2a2a0.jpg
 photo 251_zpsfea5d493.jpg
 photo 252_zps1f698de2.jpg 
Random shot of Chloe eating a giant gummy bear. Seth gave it to me when he came home from traveling a few months ago and I finally let her bust in to it. 
 photo 255_zps7e099ef6.jpg
 photo 256_zps40796ef7.jpg
 photo 264_zpsbb454c4b.jpg
 photo 271_zps7170547d.jpg

One day we were at Target and it was almost 90 degrees which annoyed me because the weatherman had only prepared me for 70. 90 is fine by me, but I was mad that I was at Target and not at the lake so to compensate we grabbed a Slip n Slide and took it home. However, I forgot what I forget at the start of every summer...that 88 degrees at Target is usually about 72 degrees at my house. By the time we got set up and in swim suits it had dipped to 68 and even though they froze the kids were determined to get their slide on. I took hundreds of pictures because they just kept pulling the funniest faces.
 photo 076_zpsce835407.jpg


 photo 081_zps0e77fda0.jpg
 photo 088_zps25393a17.jpg
 photo 091_zps0217a3e5.jpg

 photo 093_zpsf148aeb2.jpg
 photo 094_zpsfc338828.jpg
 photo 101_zpse98fa053.jpg
 photo 102_zps54faed58.jpg

 photo 105_zps0898ed48.jpg
 photo 106_zps172869d0.jpg

 photo 117_zpsde53a0d8.jpg
 photo 118_zpsc8eae999.jpg
 photo 119_zps6c5c4290.jpg
 photo 126_zpsb1f4bba3.jpg
 photo 131_zps4536a87b.jpg



 photo 140_zps55553eed.jpg


 photo 146_zps86f924e8.jpg
 photo 158_zps814918ff.jpg
 photo 168_zps2230ea0f.jpg
 photo 196_zpsc4d878ed.jpg
 photo 199_zpsb3dc2f03.jpg
 photo 210_zpsa30637c0.jpg
 photo 217_zps2b023cf5.jpg


The kids and I went to Six Flags with Lisa and her kids. I know of 5 families from church who got passes this year so we should have some friends to play with there this year. Lisa has two teenaged boys who even agreed to take Kinzy and Alyssa on a couple roller coasters, so they got away from the kiddie rides for a little while. I meant to take pictures but we were riding and chatting and running around so the only time I remembered is when the littlest two were on the baby rides.
 photo 203_zpse272d58f.jpg
 photo 204_zps1f0a40e1.jpg
We went to the lake this week! Still not warm enough for Lake Michigan but a few miles west at the Recplex it was perfect.
 photo 207_zpsb4c25096.jpg
 photo 208_zps2f2b6874.jpg
 photo 215_zps98f08357.jpg
 photo 216_zpsa050d7e7.jpg
 photo 220_zps491f7367.jpg
 photo 224_zps80e017f8.jpg
 photo 227_zpse9787ad0.jpg
 photo 231_zps6c5ecb2a.jpg

 photo 239_zps9dd1b2a6.jpg
 photo 241_zpsd0335cda.jpg
 photo 244_zps02e4de4f.jpg


Did you go see Monsters U this weekend? We did! My kids have been waiting for this one forever. They loved it and I thought it was cute. I think Disney will get backlash from parents for the SPOILER ALERT get kicked out of college and work your way up instead theme. It didn't bother me but you know how people get.

I still think the first one is better but that may be because I have it forever linked to baby Alyssa who watched it every day when she was a year old. My other kids couldn't sit through a movie until 5 years old but she loved movies and when the scene where they are riding the doors and fighting Randall would come on she would go in to fits of laughter and it was so cute.
  photo 252_zpsa2712e9b.jpg
Alyssa and Seth went to Milwaukee for the Princess Ball (Church Father/Daughter Dance)  and had a lovely time dancing the night away. They also went to dinner before and dessert afterward with some friends, even though both were served at the dance as well.

They got annoyed that I made them take a picture because they take one of them at the dance but what if they didn't do that this year? So I made them pose just in case.  This dress was her second choice for 5th grade grad and when I got up to the checkout I found out that both dresses were on Clearance so I bought them both and we saved this one for Princess Ball.
 photo 253_zpsb439affe.jpg
 photo 2013-06-22_201900_zps75e8621d.jpg 
And of course they did take an official dance picture of them as well.
 photo princessball13_zps6139a473.jpg

We have also spent a stupid amount of time and money working on Alyssa's room this week. We finally finished it last night and revealed it to her this morning. I took about a billion pictures but I will load those a little bit later. I think you have more than enough to look at in the meantime.

How is summer looking in your neighborhood so far?

3 comments:

Val said...

Those slip and slide pics are great! We seriously have to get out there!!

Julie L said...

Great fun! I love the Princess Ball theme for the Daddy/Daughter Dance. That dress is perfect!

Cheryl said...

You know, I think that those pictures of all 3 kids on the hammock are awesome. Who needs professional pictures? Those should be framed!
I miss six flags. There I said it. :)
Alyssa looks beautiful as usual for the daddy daughter dance. I love that idea.
We haven't seen Monsters U yet because we went to My Little Pony this weekend and Doug wants to see it too so we have to wait for another weekend. Can't wait!
I love the slip and slide pictures! Makes me even sadder that I couldn't get ours set up the other day but hopefully soon. They look like they are having so much fun!