CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Attempting to Keep the Blog Alive and Alex's Testimony

I must revive the blog.I am bummed that the blogging world is dying and I think that is partly why I have lost motivation. It was more fun when this was a never ending comment saturated conversation. But, as much as I love all of you (and I do) this has never been for you, at least not primarily. It has been so that I can reread and remember and eventually pass on all these stored memories to my babies. Lately I have even been negligent about taking a camera with me and I am losing moments that I don't want to lose.

So the goal is to drag the camera back out, and to start writing life down again and until I figure out another way to do that, that I will actually stick to, I guess this will continue to be my dumping ground.

So here is a cute story that happened a few months ago that I am still smiling about and hope not to forget, but just to be sure, I better write it down.

On Fast Sunday (first Sunday of each month we fast and are also allowed to share our testimonies in church if we so desire) a few months back Alex leaned over and the following conversation unfolded.

Alex: Mom, can I go up there and do that?

Me: (a little surprised that he would even want to) Okay, do you know what you would want to say?

Alex: I love my mom.

Mom: That's good. People do talk about their love and gratitude for their families but you are also supposed to share the things that you know are true.

Alex: Oh, okay. Then...I love my mom. I know she's pretty.

Mom: More like the things you know and believe about church.

Alex: How about... I love my mom. I know she's pretty. God is awesome.

Me: Perfect.

He decided that he did not actually want to get up in front of everyone but I am glad that he thought about it long enough to spark that conversation. He is the funniest, sweetest little guy and I really am very blessed to be his momma, and even if he is getting just a smidge old for the whole Oedipus complex, I confess that he makes me feel like a much better mom than I really am.

Alright, now I am going to see what pics of recent events I have hanging around on my phone so that I can post them as well, because I suppose they are better than nothing at all.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I have been thinking about reviving the journal jar. Do you want to join me again?

Sally said...

I know my mom is pretty...so cute!

Julie L said...

That is the sweetest story ever! I'm glad you shared it, even if it is for the benefit of the one who spoke it.

LeShel said...

I wish he would have gotten up and shared his testimony! I think he's perfect!

Val said...

I love that guy!

Cheryl said...

That made me laugh. What a cute boy. I think it is so sweet how much he loves and adores you!

Jen said...

Alex sure does love his ma. I wonder if he'll feel the same way when it's time to date girls. He's so funny.

Katie and Mark said...

He is such a sweetie! Great testimony of his Mom! ;) And God!