CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Janurary's Random Wrap Up

In January...

*I applied at four Charter Schools for next year. Three are K-8 and one is middle school only, but between the three kids I have our names in the lottery 10 times, so we are praying that we get pulled at least once. If even one gets in, the others move to the top of the waiting list. I am most concerned about Alyssa because I will not send her to the Middle School in our boundaries and she does not want to do e-school so this has to work. Fingers crossed! Oh wait, praying is more effective. Let's go back to that.

* Chloe and Bernie learned to get along. She is not supposed to invite him on to the couch or let him sit off his blanket but I let it slide for a minute so that I could get a picture. She used to assault him and he used to avoid her but they are slowly becoming friends.
Photobucket
* Chloe started ballet at The Academy of Dance. She really wants to do Hip Hop or Jazz but she has to wait until she is 7. The only class that fit in to our schedule was the Angelina Ballerina class. Strangely it is 15 minutes shorter than the regular ballet class but $10 more per month. Weird? She is already signed up for the recital in June so she has to stick with it at least until then. They are required to wear all pink in her class and to wear the Angelina tutu. As you know, Chloe loves to pose herself even though it was hard to smile with Juicy Fruit in her mouth.
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

*I crocheted a scarf! My friend Jackie is teaching crocheting classes and one of my Taekwondo friends, Ilene lives near her. When we realized that we both knew her we figured we should all get together. Ilene recruited two of our other TKD friends (Tammie and Rhonda) and we all tried to get crafty. I spend 5 hours a week chatting with these ladies so it was fun to hang out outside of TKD and none of us are crafty so we were all quite proud when our scarves actually looked like scarves. Here is my scarf model, who is not as willing to pose as my ballerina.
Photobucket
Photobucket
* Donald Driver retired. I am happy and sad. I was annoyed every time when he didn't play this year and no matter how many times Seth tried to tell me that the younger guys are just better than him now, I still felt like he should be on the field. I am happy that he does not want to play anywhere else and I also loved this quote from his interview this morning. "Someone’s always going to be able to tell my kids that their dad was a great football player, but no one is going to be able to tell my kids that their dad was a great dad and great husband, so I have to be able to show them that, and that’s what the next chapter of my career is going to be." #80 Forever!

And there is a look at our January.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck with the charter school lottery. That must be so nerve-wracking. We are worlds apart on school now...haha. The girls will have the same 30ish classmates until they graduate.

Chloe is such a darling ballerina.

Jen said...

Dang comments keep stopping letting me type. Anyway, I'm amazed you decided to give crocheting a try. Way to go! The scarf is awesome, and I love the colors!

Julie L said...

Great photos and great poses and great crochet job! I love the quote about being a dad. That is an important thing to remember. Hooray for February ... half way through winter and heading towards spring. Looking forward to seeing what Feb. brings for you and the family (p.s. the dog is a DOG - no longer a puppy, but still adorable. They just grow up so fast. Kind of like kids.)

Cheryl said...

I will cross my fingers for you with the charter school as well.
Chloe is an adorable ballerina. I can't wait to get Maddy in dance. I think she is going to love it.
That scarf is awesome. I am very impressed. I tried to teach myself to crochet when I was pregnant with Abi but I quit. Someday... I keep telling myself.
That is a great quote.

Unknown said...

My aunt makes those scarves and I've been oohing and gooing over them since I saw her making them on Christmas morning. Darling colors. Love Chloes poses, she never has a dull moment does she!

Katie and Mark said...

I always think the Charter Schools look great. I really should learn more about them.

Love Chloe in her tutu and with Bernie!

Tony and Ann said...

Oh my goodness! Crochet? Love the scarf! What a great way to spend time with friends. And cute pics of Chloe. So--a question--how many more times has Bernie been on the sofa now that he knows he can "pose" with Chloe on it?? He is SO big! Somehow, I expected him to remain puppy-size forever, or at least until we got out there to meet him.