Alyssa had bangs cut for the first time the night before picture day. Her hair naturally parts on the side and her bangs are so trained to go to the side that they would not stay forward for a week or two. Now they look great but they looked crooked and wonky for a few days. She didn't like her smile either but I don't get school pics for the walls, I just get them because I feel like I have to.
Alex's looks pretty close to what we got last year, with some missing teeth. Alex was my only hope for a no braces kid but his new teeth are big and the dentist has now informed me that braces and pulled teeth are an inevitable part of his future. She had already told me the girls didn't have a prayer the first time she met them.
And here is Miss Chloe, all grown up. The other two let me pick their picture day clothes until this year but when they stopped letting me help, so did Chloe.
We also got Alex's TKD pictures back today. These suckers cost almost 3 times what all 3 kids' school pics combined cost. Eek! I am still kicking myself for getting suckered into that one. Apparently I am kicking myself so hard that I couldn't even scan straight.
5 comments:
I think all their pictures turned out great. It's amazing to see how much they've changed since we've moved. Ha, I love all the TKD poses. Alex looks like a master now. I agree, school pictures are just for documenting and not for displaying. I do send them to each grandparent, and I could care less what they do with them.
Bahahahahahahaha....Alex!!
Send to grandparents???? I don't know if any of ours ever even buy their's. I always thought it was a big deal when our little groups were young because they were the only "professional" photos the kids ever had taken of themselves. We'd pass them around everywhere. But with the advent of digital everything it just doesn't seem necessary anymore. School photos may eventually fall by the wayside along with newspapers and phone books.
That said, I think these pictures are all adorable! And the one plus is that every year you end up with a photo of the class, right? Even if it's just a collection of all the individual photos. Or maybe they don't do that anymore either for privacy reasons...
You have a beautiful family!
I love all the pictures, but HOLY COW those TKD pictured are awesome!!!
Yep, mine don't make the wall either. So she loves bangs. Do you trim them or go to have them trimmed? I think Maddy is up for some kind of change. Not sure what. Luckily my kids still let me choose their clothes.
Post a Comment