While Seth was away it was much harder to get the kids to go to sleep...something tells me she played awhile before she shut her eyes.
And she was very cranky the whole 10 days so I was very happy when her exhaustion caught up with her and left me with this one afternoon.
We went out to eat a few times while Seth was gone and I couldn't resist taking pictures of what we ate at Red Robin for a little series we will call...Sometimes the apple does fall far from the tree.
My food with fries and honey mustard to dip them in.
Chloe, who always asks for broccoli instead of fries....GAG!!!
Alyssa who always swaps her fries for a salad.
And Alex who selected apples.
Seems that even with my bad example and hatred for veggies, I have managed to teach my children to make healthy choices....sometimes. When it comes to overindulgence of Halloween candy, well they are definitely my babies.
We brought Bernie a balloon from red Robin which amused him for hours. Post Edit: I just noticed that it looks like there is a dog turd on my floor but there is absolutely NOT!!! Bernie chews on a Flossie everyday to clean his teeth and that is just the little chunk that he hadn't finished yet that day.
The kids threw me a surprise party with homemade pictures and jewelry while Seth was gone because they could tell I was stressed. It wasn't much of a surprise since Chloe walked around for two days telling me how surprised I would be when my surprise party started. I love them!
Chloe insisted that I bust out my phone and photograph her in the Miller Lite display at the grocery store. She loves the Packers. A friend from church is a Bears fan and when she found out he didn't like the Packers she literally cried and kept asking me why. I told her we would pray for him to see the light and be converted and continue to be friends with him in spite of the error of his ways.
The Saturday before Halloween I took the kids to the free Munchkin Masquerade at Jelly Belly. We waited 30 minutes for face paint and over an hour for balloon animals. I was pretty annoyed because most of the parents were asking for paint and balloons for themselves...with lines that long, really? I thought it was kind of a drag but it was all free and they said they loved it. I suppose there is something magical about face paint and balloons. They also got a goody bag filled with many bags of Dr. Pepper Jelly Belly's and Snapple bottles filled with beans. Apparently they were way overstocked on those two items.
Saturday afternoon us girls worked on this pumpkin..found the idea online.
And Alex built a 3D Lego jack-o-lantern.
He is SO into Legos and I love it!!! In fact, he wants a Lego birthday party and as I am looking at the calendar and seeing that his b-day is 10 days out, I better get to work on that. But grandparents, if you don't know what to get him this year, you can't go wrong with Legos.
And this just cause I thought it was cute.
And the late night reunion of Seth and Bernie. He went haywire when Seth came home and would not get off of him or go back to sleep until he had thoroughly welcomed him home.
And lastly, we got to do some traditional trick-or-treating this year! I hate that our town only does it on Sunday and then the 31st doesn't even seem like a holiday. Out in the county (about 30 minutes from here) they go on the 31st. We have some friends who just moved back to WI....yay for people moving BACK instead of AWAY for once, and they invited us out for dinner and trick-or-treating. It was awesome! There is something so magical about having Halloween on Halloween. The kids had the best time!
They were running from my camera so I just chatted with Lisa instead of being persistent as the paparazzi.
They got full sized candy at a few houses which you know is the coolest when you are a kid, so here they are showing me giant Ghiradelli bars. Yum!
And that clears out the camera, for now.
5 comments:
U survived 10 days solo. That is a LONG time. Love the surprise from zbernie on the carpet, love that the kids gave u a surprise party and can't believe they only trick or treat on Sunday...where'd that one come from? Welcome home Seth. Ps u need a much needed break.
Julie,
Let Chloe know she has a relative who played for the Packers. Urban Odson, a two time consensus All- American tackle from the University of Minnesota was the Packers first round pick in the 1942 pro football draft. Here's a link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1942_NFL_Draft
He played 4 or 5 seasons for the Packers before and after his tour of duty with the Navy. He played for coach Lambeau. Back then tackles played offense and defense. I believe he is Chloe's 1st. cousin 3 times removed.
That pumpkin is amazing. I have seen that but thought it looked like too much work. As usual you worked your magic!
That Lego pumpkin is great too.
If you need any Lego party ideas I have an entire board on pinterest for lego parties.
Dad, Forget Chloe...why didn't I know that? No wonder becoming cheeseheads came so naturally to us. It's in our blood. So cool!
Cheryl, That was the easiest pumpkin I have ever done because all you have to cut is 3 big squares...no little noses or eyes. Then we just used a piece of lace, a little ribbon and self adhesive gems. So easy! I stink at Legos so I was more impressed with Alex's work. He makes so many fun things and I can't do anything with Legos unless I have instructions.
I can't believe they not only got full-size candy bars, but Ghiradelli bars? Crazy!!
Best face-in-the-hole pic ever!!
Love Alyssa's boots...she has such a funky style and I love it.
Al is so talented, awesome lego pumpkin!
Post a Comment