CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Breaking 100!

My AC is busted! I told Seth that we could probably go a Summer without it since I truly don't get even slightly uncomfortable until it is over 85 degrees in my house and how often does it get hotter than that here? How about hardly EVER. And yet, here we are, staring 100 degrees in the face today. 100! Didn't I recently say that I had never seen 100 since I've lived here. It may hit 100 once a decade if you head inland a ways but not often, and NEVER if you live by the Lake. NEVER! I even asked my neighbor who has lived here all her life and she confirmed it for me. NEVER, as in NEVER EVER.

So here we are with record breaking heat and no air. But you know what? I am not complaining one bit. Sweating, but not complaining! I would rather be too warm than too cold any day so bring it on Wisconsin. Luckily we do have a finished basement, where it is a good 20 degrees cooler than it is upstairs. And we have sprinklers, water balloons and neighbors to come and join us as we enjoy the heat.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Alex sat this round of hot potato out because as you can see (to the right), he was deeply immersed in something involving buckets?

Photobucket

Photobucket
And it just kept getting sillier...

Photobucket
And look what we found on our fence right by the door handle. I am happy we saw it before someone grabbed it.

Photobucket
It is looking like another hot one tomorrow, and we will be outside enjoying it. I am laughing that all my Utah friends and family are still talking about the COLD. It is always warmer in Utah than it is here, but it looks like this year we pulled a switcheroo. I hope the good stuff heads your way soon and if it makes you feel better, we dip back to 60 on Thursday for a week or so.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I would be dying. I turn on the AC if it hits 77 in the house.

Tony and Ann said...

How do you remain so cheerful in 100 degree weather?? I am amazed that you can turn a heat wave into a party--and have everyone enjoying it! Wish we could be there--sitting in the basement, sipping iced lemonade!

Katie and Mark said...

HOORAY!!!! I am so glad it warmed up for you. Your outdoor play looks like so much fun. Thank you Global Warming! ;) LOL It has been a "cool" spring for us so far. We have NOT even it 100 yet! Crazy, huh?!?!

Your wasp looks frighting! Guess what we have been finding around our house....

SCORPIONS! I cannot believe I have not posted about it. Should I? Do you want to see freaky pictures of my deadly "friends?"

Anonymous said...

We have to go through our crazy hot summers here without AC too and Dave loves it so he will probably never fix it.

That first pic of Al off in the corner with the bucket on his head is killing me!! He looks like some kind of creature standing there like that...so funny!

The wasp reminds me of when Luke was stung out in your yard...he still brings that up!

Julie L said...

The kids look like they're having a blast! It's got to be at least in the 90s to have that kind of fun with water outside, so hurray for a hot day! At least we're finally getting some sunshine between the clouds, and it actually got up to the mid-80's the other day, one day, before the next storm blew through. But the plus for us is that the snow melt is at least not out of control on our little creek turned into a river at this time of the year.

Jen said...

Well, which is it! You complained and complained that it would never warm up around here, then when it does...I'm just teasing you. Our A/C was broken all weekend and up until yesterday morning, so I feel for you. At least you found a way to make the best of it.

Unknown said...

You always find the positive in everything--broken ac why not a water fight!! Love the pics and Alex is a hoot! Good luck surviving the rest of summer-it's only June and barely!! Hey but don't you have a ceiling fan in almost every room? That'll help:)