What a busy day, with more still to do, but I better post quickly because if not I fear I will be even further behind tomorrow.
We started off our day at the Dairy Breakfast. Since you have seen the Dairy Breakfast year after year, I will keep the chit chat to a minimum and focus on the pictures.
Overall, it was a great Dairy Breakfast. Thankfully the forecasted rainstorms held out so it wasn't rainy or muddy this year. One crazy thing did happen though and Alyssa is dying to have me blog about it. While a little boy, about 18 months old or maybe two, was posing on one of the many tractors (right in front of where me and the kids were standing) he somehow started it and off it went. It was heading straight for a parked truck when his dad jumped on and managed to hit the brake. I think I would have just yanked my kid down and let the tractor go. Anyhow, it wasn't moving very quickly, but who the heck left the keys in that one? Oops!
After our first adventure we drove by to see how the strawberries were looking at the Strawberry Farm. We planned to just get a pre-picked basket and go back to pick our own another day, but the kids started to cheer when we pulled in to the farm. They really wanted to pick and the workers told us the berries were big and plentiful right now so we decide to pick a basket. Turns out the berries were so plentiful that we had 6 baskets filled in no time.
After dropping off our berries and cleaning up a bit, we ran off to the church to see one of our Primary friends get baptized, and then headed straight down to Illinois for a quick Costco run. It was go, go, go all day long and now I have a late night date making strawberry jam and planning Sharing Time for tomorrow so off I go again...
Second Week of School
3 years ago
8 comments:
Oh, was that today? I keep thinking we should give the dairy breakfast another chance, since when we went it was all muddy (poopy) and stinky. That looked like a fun one! couldnt help notice the school bus with flames on it in the background. How cool is that! I want one! (0: Totally spaced the baptism until about 4:00 when it hit me. Sorry. Dang!
Is that just the most beautiful post or what?!?! Seriously, I LOVE all your pix! The ones on the tractors, and the ones in the big 'ole wheel. SO pretty! I am terrible at crafting/decorating/or putting together anything cute, but these pictures would look great framed, or used as decor. What a fun day.
As for the crazy runaway tractor story...yikes! Scary.
Oh yeah, the strawberry pictures were supposed to be listed too. :) Loved those ones as well.
I guess one of these years we are going to have to try the Dairy breakfast just to say we've done it. Looks like fun this year.
that is A LOT of strawberries!
I LOVE the Dairy Breakfast. I think that looks like such a fun family activity. The strawberry picking looks fun, too. I can't believe how grown up Chloe is looking. She looks like her hair had a recent growth spurt.
The story about the baby on the tractor is hilarious. I'm impressed the dad stopped the tractor. We had a similar experience once with a fire truck. All of my kids and Mary Kate's kids were in it and Annaliese found the right button to start it and then all the firemen came running. But, lucky for us, the fire truck never actually moved. =D
Man oh man, why did all this stuff happen AFTER we left. We totally would have gone to the dairy breakfast again. It was so fun last year. What a scary moment though with that runaway tractor. You guys went strawberry picking, too?!? Annie still talks about working there one day.
Fun day! Love the strawberry patch pix, and the kids in the tractor tires, wow! Those are big tires. Was it one of those huge tractors the little guy took off in? That was scary. Glad everything turned out all right in the end. Bet the keys got retrieved in a hurry.
Quick post--I don' tthink so! BUT love the pictures of the kids in teh tractor wheels and the strawberries. I need to add those to my garden next year--home grown strawberries are so much better then the ones at the store that are made to ripen or mold usually in my case before you get them home.
Post a Comment