CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bag Lady

Day Twenty Five- What's in my purse

Ha,Ha! My purse.

In my whole life I never had a purse or a wallet, EVER, until last Summer. I always just carried my license and ATM card in my pocket, until I had kids and then sometimes I threw them in the diaper bag. I mentioned that I was thinking about getting a purse last Summer since my kids were too old for me to be carrying a diaper bag anymore. My stepdad hurried and bought me one at Target because he thought it was ridiculous that I had never had one.

I still feel really weird carrying it around, and I still don't quite know what to put in it. My purse is not anything like the 72 hour survival kits that most of my friends carry around. First I bought a long skinny wallet to fill space, since just throwing and ATM card and license into the cavity of the purse caused it to look saggy and empty. Then I threw my make-up bag in, also just to take up space. I rarely dip into it while I am out, except to maybe grab some chapstick. Those are the only two things that are always in my purse. I will even tell you what is inside them.

Make-up bag: 2 lipsticks (were in my stocking, don't use them), 4 lipglosses, mascara, chapstick, eyeliner

Wallet: ATM card, Children's Museum membership, my kids library cards (mine is on my keychain), 2 Discover Gift Cards (Seth gets these at work sometimes for working 8 billion hours or helping someone with whatever the heck he does around there and he usually gives them to me), NO cash right now, just emptied my change into the change cup.

The only other items that you might find (depending on when you look) in my purse are...

a hairbrush
The Kindle (yay for a new thing to fill space)
my camera
a lock for the gym (been everyday this week so far)
a pen
keys to the church and the Primary closet
cell phone

That's it! No clutter at all. It is all lined up nice and neat, and nothing is floating around loosely at the bottom. I still laugh when I look at it sometimes because it still doesn't look very lived in, but then again, sometimes neither does my picture-free, nothing allowed on the counter tops house. I am very minimalistic and VERY anti-clutter. The backseat of the van however....yikes...it looks very lived in.

*Also, if you already read my post from last night you may want to glance at it again because I added a picture of my stepdad.

5 comments:

Julie L said...

How ashamed I am of my little 72-hr garbage pit that I can never find what I'm looking for in, so I probably should just leave it at home and go to the back pocket plan. Hooray for your purse!

And hooray again for your parents! It was fun looking back to the before pictures. I think they both look terrific!

Cheryl said...

Ahhh to have some of your minimalism.. is that a word?
I never really had purses either. I just carried around a small wallet or put my essentials in my pockets until Doug's mom made me have one a few years ago. Now I like them although I don't buy them ever. I get them as gifts usually from Doug's mom. It definitely makes carrying around my camera (which I always have) easier.

Katie and Mark said...

LOL Such a tidy purse! :)

Great pictures of Glen!

Jen said...

Most of the stuff in my purse has to do with my kids, other than that I have the same stuff as you. Oh, and a pack of gum. Always.

Holly said...

I LOVE purses! I have so many Eric gets mad if I even look at another one. My problem is I don't change them up as often as I should considering how many I have. Hmm, maybe I'll take care of that this weekend! Although in the winter when I where a coat quite often I'll just grab my wallet and go sans purse. It's almost like I have a weird rule about only having one extra thing with me - and my jacket counts.