I am sure you are starting to feel like you are watching reruns around here lately. We just can't seem to pry ourselves away from pumpkin patches and apple farms. You may think we overkill the Fall festivities, but we have lived here long enough to know that we will soon be on lock down for 6 months. We get very desperate to cram in lots of outings in the Fall, especially when we are gifted with a warm October.
We usually go solo for our half day field trips (since we get out an hour earlier than all our friends) but today we invited the Hawley's along for the ride, since Annie and Mimi also missed our headless pumpkin adventure from a few weeks back. The kids were 100% WILD today, but I think they had a blast.
It is likely that this will be the last time you have to look at my kids at a pumpkin patch this season, but I am not promising anything. October is still young, and warm.

This was my favorite display a few weeks ago, but then the pumpkin was white. Maybe the original "had a great fall"?

It was rainy this morning, and my kids have begged for rainboots for years. I always tell them they don't need them, but now that we have picked apples in the rain and come home from the Dairy breakfast covered in a cocktail of mud and cow pies for two years running, I decided that they might be useful on occasion. I have been looking, but most stores only have snow boots this time of year. I found some this morning and the kids were so excited. The rain was dried up, but they HAD to wear those boots, even with knee socks.

And look what I found the other two doing when I turned around from taking that picture. I don't know if Alex thought that was a dum-dum pop or what, but I quickly explained that there was an easier way to eat that size lollipop.

We finally managed to get a decent cut out shot, but poor Alex had just dropped his lollipop in the hay. I would have gone back for another one, but I had already had to buy another for Chloe who dropped and broke her first one before we even left the checkout stand. Not to mention the wax lips that I had to buy after Alex picked them off the shelf and stuck them in his mouth, wrapper and all.
It is likely that this will be the last time you have to look at my kids at a pumpkin patch this season, but I am not promising anything. October is still young, and warm.
This was my favorite display a few weeks ago, but then the pumpkin was white. Maybe the original "had a great fall"?
It was rainy this morning, and my kids have begged for rainboots for years. I always tell them they don't need them, but now that we have picked apples in the rain and come home from the Dairy breakfast covered in a cocktail of mud and cow pies for two years running, I decided that they might be useful on occasion. I have been looking, but most stores only have snow boots this time of year. I found some this morning and the kids were so excited. The rain was dried up, but they HAD to wear those boots, even with knee socks.
And look what I found the other two doing when I turned around from taking that picture. I don't know if Alex thought that was a dum-dum pop or what, but I quickly explained that there was an easier way to eat that size lollipop.
We finally managed to get a decent cut out shot, but poor Alex had just dropped his lollipop in the hay. I would have gone back for another one, but I had already had to buy another for Chloe who dropped and broke her first one before we even left the checkout stand. Not to mention the wax lips that I had to buy after Alex picked them off the shelf and stuck them in his mouth, wrapper and all.
8 comments:
THANK YOU for all the pictures of the kids. We miss them so much, but at least we do get to see them through the pictures. That looks like so much fun, and the pictures are priceless!
I'm glad you guys went back to see them with heads... it's much cooler that way!
One of the girls- I don't know if it was one of yours or one of Jens- left some purple socks here. Do you know who might be missing them?
That just is rotten that Alex dropped his sucker, but his expression is classic for that last photo, don't you think? What a fun way to spend a half day off from school.
Come winter, which will come sooner than later, I'm certain, you need some bundle-up out-in-the-snow field trips - like to the lake and the park and the pumpkin patches in the winter where they can make some snowmen pumpkins. I know some diners down on Michigan Avenue that even have little s'more pots where you can roast a marshmallow and make you're own s'mores indoors (I have never seen those here in Utah - but maybe I haven't been looking in the right places). Now how fun would that be - a camp out in your house, complete with s'mores?
Glad we did head back. I know the girls are feeling left out at times now that they spend everyday in school, so it was nice to give them a mini field trip to the pumpkin patch. We had a lot of fun and spent an hour longer than intended, but we still made it to piano lessons in time. Annie got a second xmas song to play, too.
P.S. Thanks for sending the pictures to me. I'll post later or tomorrow.
I LOVE the last picture of Alex! He has the best faces!
Cheryl, The purple sokcs are not ours but I know Jen's girl wear colorful socks. Her girls actually switched pants at your houses too. We noticed that Annie had on floods at the patch, and realized that they must have accidentally swapped after playing dress up at your house. You should have come along, the kids seemed to be hitting it off quite well while we were over. One day we will synch up our outings.
Julie, Our friends actually have one of those indoor s'more makers, but I have been known to just cook them on the burner occasionally. Winter field trips definitely require more creativity, or an indoor venue. I am always game for heading down to Michigan Ave.
Jen, go Annie! Alyssa is dropping the ball on practicing lately. For the first time ever, she did not pass off her song from the previous week this time. I hope she stays interested.
That picture of Al trying to jam the whole lollipop in his mouth just made my day!! It reminds me of when he was trying to eat that sizzling hot dog...remember that?
I called you but you aren't home!
Going on a field trip every week makes me tired just to think about it. You must run on batteries. You do get lot's of cute pictures though.
Post a Comment